🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 19.5 — Tim Tebow Bonus Episode

Following the tragedy that is Tim Tebow going to the Jets, we felt all you mourners needed some extra improv to cheer you up. Chad Carter, Sean Conroy, and Anthony King join Matt Besser this week to discuss the all important topic of the Mr. Tebow as well as Morgan Freeman, Tycho Brahe, and Ms. Pac-Man. No amount of flirting or vagina sacrificing will get you on our good side, Tim!  Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

I hope you enjoy it. Please help me make this the biggest improv4humans yet. If we can get the whole world to stand hand in hand then maybe we can convince the Jets to flip him in the draft. Let's get our priorities straight, put aside our jobs and families and get this thing done.

• Like 3

improv4humans makes this girly man of a guy that types before you actually enjoy sports haha great bonus for friday!

Awesome thank you so much for the bonus episode! Don't worry too much about it though,Tebow is most certainly being brought there as Sanchez inspiration material. He's the living embodiment of "Don't rest on your laurels, buddy...there are others".

Hahahaha at real hatred right here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/jets-fan-predicted-deathbed-tebow-coming-memorialized-brooklyn-article-1.1049903?localLinksEnabled=false

this totally made my day... the quarterback interview was sublime!! thank you!

Can someone explain to this Canadian the fascination and hatred of Tim Tebow? I don't get it.

Tebow is actually a good guy himself who devotes time and money to helping others. The hate comes from the fact the media has blown him up into a hype machine and with that his very religious background also get blown up and people who are very anti his religion get angry about this attention.

On top of that Tebow is not very good at quarterback even though he was on a team that went 7-3 under him and beat a playoff team. He was helped by the fact his team was really good and he played a team in the playoffs that was full of injured players. Regardless of that the media credits him with the victories

But with hating on tebow you give him more attention and not helping the problem at all. Now that he's on a New York team he's surely going to be getting much more attention.

I don't think being anti-Pro Choice and anti-gay marriage is a "good guy". I don't think anyone involved with Focus on the Family is a good guy. In fact I think they are bad people. I don't like right wing Christian conservatives, especially the one who throw their religion in your face in a secular situation like a football game. People like me are not against his religion, we are against the way he promotes it. You can't blame the media for everything. He creates his own hype and loves it. That's why he chose the Jets over the Jaguars because he wanted to be in the hype center of the world instead of his home state. My hate of him has nothing to do with the fact he is a mediocre QB. I hate him because he is the most obnoxious evangelical in the history of sports. I do help my problem by hating on Tebow. Tebow needs to know that not everyone is on board with his antics like his Born Again army. People should always speak out if they don't support something. If anything the media is light on him when it comes to his evangelizing. How do you think the media would react to an star athlete who thanked Allah in post games interviews, or thanked weed like we did in our scene?

• Like 4

Friday rolls around, time to check if Earwolf has finally gotten around to giving Gelmania the Friday podcast floor back. NOPE! Instead it's a bonus episode of the best comedy podcast available! Thanks Matt + crew.

Also, I don't follow football but godammit Besser has a lot of pain in his voice over the Tebow situation. Dude sounded like he might've legitimately lost his shit.

I'm not a sports enthusiast in the least, yet would claim this bonus episode to be among my favorites! (It is fun to hear

Besser flip out!)

I'm not a football fan, only NBA, but I remember that Wonderlic story that you guys brought up. I thought that was amazingly funny. Not only did Tebow act like a douche in a scenario full of young athletes of varying religions, only to be told to "Shut the fuck up."

He's a bad quarterback that can't throw. He shoves religion in people's faces, and does that cringeworthy kneeling prayer thing on the field... Plus he's way overhyped.

This is the only time I remember someone thanking a deity other than Jesus/God. Larry Johnson thanking Allah after the 4 point play in 1999:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCohyolkoao

There's also the Chris Jackson aka Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf national anthem incident. He became a Muslim and didn't feel like standing for the national anthem before NBA games. He did it for months before it became a headline, and then he was practically blackballed from the NBA... Just because he didn't stand for a song.

Before I didn't give this show much of a chance and never listened to it, but i finally told myself i should listen to it and GOD DAMN ITS GOOD I've listened to 4 episodes now and they are all so funny and tight it really does impress me that you're able to stay so together with no planning.

hahaha, Sean bringing up Tycho Brahe is such a fantastic inside joke is magic , "haha, that's your go-to for urinary tract infections" - eddie peppitone

oh the dystopian angle for the national day is just, so fucking great

Sign in to follow this