🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 20 — Darker Than Nougat

Today's improv4humans will be with you for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, even if you have your genitals ripped off, and even if you have your eyes replaced with baby eyes. Isn't that what love really is? Our guests are Seth Morris, Brian Huskey, and Lauren Lapkus who treat you to a round of improv more exciting than a helicopter ride and more erotic than a rainbow blow job.  Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

I'm starting to notice that scenes that end in screaming and chaos are usually my favorites scenes.

• Like 2

Seth: "I don't do Mexican stand-offs. I do anglo-quads."

Brian: "We're doing a caucasian face-a-roo, alright?"

This got me good. Had to duck behind my cubicle wall.

• Like 1

I hope Besser records a bunch of I4Hs before touring his movie for the month of May. I don't know if I can go without the podcast for a month.

• Like 4

Nothing's funnier than making fun of the homeless. Well, maybe making fun of babies dying of wasting disease. Because, after all, they both have such free rides at all of our expense...oh, wait, that actually refers to wealthy and powerful people, whom it might actually be funny to make fun of.

On a serious note - Matt, just fyi, the Bible passage you read is from the story of Ruth who was the first convert to Judaism. She is making that promise to the Jewish people, not to one individual.

Awesome, delightful show as always. :-) Todd Mason, you should lighten the fuck up or find something else to listen to.

Actually Todd, I'm not sure I understand your point of view, since we weren't making fun of the homeless. But would you like to call into the show, and we could discuss it? We could arrange a call if you are game.

LA--or, maybe kicking folks when they're down isn't that (the fuck) funny. But thanks (the fuck) for your helpful suggestion. I'm sure you're (the fuck) full of them.

• Like 1

Matt Besser: I'll take another spin through what sure sounded like that to me. Apologies if I was wildly off target.

OK, after the fact apologies, too...I'd say I overreacted to some of the lines (such as He's homeless because he's boring) before giving up before getting to "My craziest day? I was warm for the other day for a half-hour," which is certainly not adding insult to injury. It just hit me sideways. And LA is right about this...this is, in total, an excellent episode, among the many excellent episodes, and thanks for doing them. (And thanks for the offer.)

Is that all it takes to be invited on the show? After listening to this episode twice it is obvious to me that Matt hates every race except for one. If you want to know what that one is you'll have to call me on air.

But seriously Todd, I'm not trying to ambush you. This is actually something that comes up a lot in the "are we crossing the line" debate of comedy. Want to discuss your point of view on the show. Dustin, how could we hook him up the way we did callers on the Earwolf Challenge?

Well, even unbroken, I probably wouldn't be the best potential correspondent on this issue...but I must admit I'm not sure who would be, instead.

Here's what I imagine Seth Morris looks like on a date with his new "baby eyes":

BabyEyesSeth1.png

• Like 2

Man I have the biggest crush on Lauren.

The man on the street portion of the show is still awful. Decent idea for improv suggestions, but the show always slows down and loses momentum. Please lose it

The man on the street portion of the show is still awful. Decent idea for improv suggestions, but the show always slows down and loses momentum. Please lose it

I don't know, Certified Bang-Outs & Caveman Room came from man on the street interviews and those were both fantastic bits of comedy. My problem with this one was that the perfomrers chose to just re-create the story as opposed to it inspiring something.

That is a good point Corky, maybe I just don't like it because the actual portion where it's the intern talking is a little boring.

Whatever I fucking love this show so much

Actually Todd, I'm not sure I understand your point of view, since we weren't making fun of the homeless. But would you like to call into the show, and we could discuss it? We could arrange a call if you are game.

It's probably irresponsible to feed into his delusions of grandeur. Unless you are trying to provoke more disassociacion with reality to take out an enemy of the comedy community. In that case, "good job".

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this