🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 69.5 — 3/30/12 TWO CHARTED 8

Have a snack and drink some juice before you tune in this week. On this episode of Two Charted we get a dizzying look at Howard's medical past with his Top 5 Fainting Spells Chart. Kulap keeps it classic with her chart which examines the top tunes, flicks, and television shows of the week. From "girl rock" to Kulap's non-crush on Don Draper, we're counting it all down and we want you to join us! That is, if you aren't feeling too weak.

Have you ever been tested for anemia, Howard? That's a relatively common, easily treated thing that could cause fainting due to iron deficiency. And, now that you're not eating meat, that means you need to find enough iron from other foods or supplements. You can test for anemia with a simple blood test at your doctor's office. Or, if you've tried to donate blood recently, they always test your iron levels first.

Other possible cause for most recent fainting spell? You missed Kulap.

• Like 1

http://www.ironrichfood.org/

Lots of beans, nuts, fruits and veggies will keep your iron up. You can even get iron from using a cast iron skillet!

My iron went low while I transitioned to a vegetarian diet, then it rebounded once I balanced my diet.

Oh poor howie! I'm also a fainter, thanks to strangely low blood pressure.

The worst one was going down in front of a really cranky plumber who would not shut up and let me sit down while he fixed my toilet. Busted my head open on the counter... Not fun.

Thankfully, I can tell when I'm going to faint now and my friends and family are used to me just suddenly sitting cross legged on the ground wherever I am to avoid another head injury.

I feel bad about laughing at Wie's stories, but it comes from a place of love and understanding

Penchak Silat is the martial art used in The Raid: Redemption. The economy of movement in Silat is extraordinarily high, meaning every single action is executed in a way to maximize the destructive capabilities and mimimize superfluous positions that could leave oneself open to counterattack.

I was going to see The Raid last weekend, but didn't get around to it. Hopefully I'll see it this weekend.

Great episode, guys!

Jangly: The Searchers and the Byrds were the first great self-conscious exponents of jangle in rock, I'd suggest.

The word for that kind of Animal Collective music that comes to mind is "ethereal"...kinda taps out around Clannad.

Echoing everyone else's concern--get chedked out, sir. Hypoglycemia can be pretty damned serious.

Poor Howard! Above all don't worry about fainting as much as you have - an MRI isn't a bad idea if you do go to the hospital the next time you faint. All of those instances were a fight or flight response that ultimately ended in brain flight ^^ I've had many similar instances because of anxiety issues.

There were so many things to comment on in this episode that I will skip it and just say this instead:

You guys are seriously one of the bright spots of my week... and my life is pretty good already. You're just concentrated fun. I usually don't really get too attached to any specific type of entertainment, but I am thoroughly addicted to Who Charted? and Two Charted and all three of you wonderful people individually. Easily my favorite podcast(s).

• Like 2

I think Howard's chart was the most amazing one yet. May you always have sufficent blood in your brain! I also love the wie wie chart theme song as it is. It shows the pedigree from which it emerged. It isn't just some chart. It is the pinnacle of human knowledge. Also the "front end" of it makes me happy because it is sort of whimsical and carefree like SUMMAH!

Oh poor howie! I'm also a fainter, thanks to strangely low blood pressure.

The worst one was going down in front of a really cranky plumber who would not shut up and let me sit down while he fixed my toilet. Busted my head open on the counter... Not fun.

Thankfully, I can tell when I'm going to faint now and my friends and family are used to me just suddenly sitting cross legged on the ground wherever I am to avoid another head injury.

I feel bad about laughing at Wie's stories, but it comes from a place of love and understanding

Can we please hear more about the cranky plumber story? That sounds amazing.

Can we please hear more about the cranky plumber story? That sounds amazing.

Haha sure...

Well, this story begins when I moved into that particular house, we discovered the oven was broken on the 2nd night there. My landlord sent over his maintenance guy, Fox, to fix it. He found two watch batteries in the oven and said that's what broke the coil. (wtf) He insisted to my landlord that he just knew that we had put the watch batteries in the oven. Even though the previous tenants had been kicked out when one person threw the other through a glass door. So, maybe they were crazy people who put batteries in ovens. He told my landlord we owed him $500 for the oven damages. We obviously refused because frankly it was total bs and we didn't put any god damn batteries in any oven because that's ridiculous.

Fast forward to 10 months later. My roommates toilet was broken so Fox was supposed to come over and fix it. I was working two jobs and only had the mid afternoon to sleep and I was getting over a respiratory infection. My roommate told Fox over and over on the phone that I would be asleep upstairs and to just come in with his key, go fix the toilet and leave and not to bother me. Well lo and behold I'm woken up by the doorbell ringing 50 times, I didn't want to get up because I felt terrible and I thought if I ignored it he would just come in. Well he did come in, but then he stood in the landing and just screamed "Hello?!" over and over until I dragged my ass downstairs and I was SO mad. I was like, "I'm here, I see you, go fix the toilet I'm going back to bed." He CHASED me up the stairs and was like, "Hey so did you pay for that oven yet?" and I explained that I was never going to pay for the oven because I didn't break it. This dude seriously just went on and on and never shut up about this oven and watch batteries, he was just talking in circles never letting me get a word in. At some point I was starting to see spots, I knew I needed to get back to bed immediately and I was trying so hard to just tell this guy I didn't care and we were done talking but like I said, never a pause to let me say anything. Finally I was like okay I don't care if it's rude, I'm walking away...

But then I woke up on the floor. Fainting really is the strangest feeling and it's hard to describe. You really have no recollection of losing consciousness and when you come to it's very slow and disorienting. You can't tell how much time has passed, if any. It's extremely different from waking up from being asleep. Everything feels warm and it takes a bit for your vision to come back and then you're suddenly freezing cold.

I scrambled to my bedroom and it took me about 15 minutes of pulling my shit together to notice that my head hurt and that I was bleeding. I had to call my roommate to take me to the ER.

Oh, cause the maintenance man ignored the entire thing. For reals. This dude wouldn't leave me alone but the second I go down on my way out the door he's really busy fixing the toilet. I hated that guy. My roommate went crazy on my landlord about it and we never saw him again... but nothing in our house ever got fixed again. I think it was for the best.

...that story is bonkers and this was longer than I thought it would be. cheers if you read it all ^_^

• Like 3

WOW! I am sorry, but that is maybe the funniest story I've ever heard in relation to Earwolf! The 'watch batteries' aspect of this is...insanity! 'Watch batteries! Watch batteries! You pay for that oven! Watch batteries!'. Then just picturing him screaming this at your unconcious body until he realizes you aren't getting up,then he just wanders away to go work on the toilet. I'm picturing him working on the toilet just mumbling, 'That's what you get, putting watch batteries in the oven. Serves you right. Our God is an awesome God.'.

Oh man...thank you so much for putting this down on the forum. I am in tears, this is so bizarre! I just told my two year old daughter I'm crying because something is so funny. Oh my gosh.

• Like 2

Love when Wie and Ku do personal charts!!

A friend of mine does the same passing out thing as Howard, especially when high. But whenever she does it, we're usually watching something that is medical-related and it freaks her out. Once, we were watching a 9/11 documentary and a firefigher was talking about smoke filling his lungs, she passed out. The most recent occurance was last season's Big C premiere and Laura Linney was talking about chemo.

It's weird that I waited to listen to this until today, the day some asshole at my work decided my veggie burger with my name on it needed to be tossed out, leading to me feeling a little bit weak all afternoon. I have only fainted once in any sort of way like Wie-wie described, but I completely understand the bizarre experience that is contained there. Stress and under-eating are a dangerous combo.

Kulap loves The Raid! *melts*

And, in my unprofessional opinion, I think Howard's condition just has to do with lack of eating and weed, like he says. Doesn't mean he shouldn't get it checked out, though, just in case.

Love the two charted every week, keep em coming. I thought I would give a couple tune recommendations for my favorite hosts and see if they make a dent in their upcoming chart! I also wanted to let all Earwolf fans know how much ass these people kick for us and thought I would include a little pic of what made my day last month (check out that watch!)

post-19652-0-62620400-1333583203_thumb.jpg

For Howard -

You need to add some Moka Only to your life. As Jensen stated, the only notable rappers from Canada were part of Swollen Members. Moka was a part of them off and on for several years. He has been doing his own thing now for a long time, check this song off his amazing album, Vermilion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl6-FUdUp7Q