🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Judging by the first 10 minutes of The FP this ridiculous satire would be perfect for the podcast. It revolves around a gang war fought through a knockoff acrcade game in the style of Dance Dance Revolution.

Yes yes. Please do this. I've only ever seen the first ten minute trailer but I've got a feeling this is bad

I can't believe this movie hasn't been mentioned yet but it needs to be watched: "The FP"

Plot: Gangs in the future play Dance Dance Revolution to the death. Their only savior? A man with an eye-patch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1296373/

I thought this movie was a joke when I saw the trailer but it was playing at a theater near me last summer.

• Like 1

I don't really think this is a bad movie, just absolutely insane. Here's the premise from IMDB:

In a post apocalyptic future, two rival gangs fight for control of Frazier Park which for all intensive purposes is the remaining inhabited world. Gangs settle disputes for leadership by playing "Beat Beat Revelation", a deadly version of a popular dance video game. The power of the land has shifted leaving the local alcoholics to become meth addicts and worse. Can J-tro overcome the obstacles necessary to redeem Frazier Park? competitive dance-fight video game "Beat-Beat Revolution."

So it's pretty much what all those 80s dance and gang movies thought the 90s would be like. Moon boots, bandanas, excessive use of the n-word (which in the movie stands for "Never Ignorant at Getting Goals Accomplished"), and some of the strangest dialogue I've heard. All with a budget of only $60,000.

http://filmdrunk.upr...to-dance-battle

I saw it a few months ago and liked it a lot. The behind-the-scenes extras on the DVD are really worth checking out to see just how much they stretched that budget, and I'm sure I'll check the movie out again if it's streaming now.

I loved this movie and it is absolutely designed for this show. Right up there with "Crank: High Voltage" and "Punisher: War Zone" in terms of sheer gross insanity.

the-fp-movie-image-1.jpg

I loved this movie and it is absolutely designed for this show. Right up there with "Crank: High Voltage" and "Punisher: War Zone" in terms of sheer gross insanity.

the-fp-movie-image-1.jpg

One of the brothers that made this was actually the cinematographer on Crank 2 and Ghost Rider 2, so he IS from the Neveldine/Taylor camp, and has also worked on a bunch of other stuff, including some Rob Zombie films, so I'm sure that plays a hand in the crazy aesthetic. I liked this movie a lot, and I thought it was much more of a throwback to the 80's style than a lot of bigger movies that claim to do the same. It's streaming on Netflix, but I suggest picking up the DVD or Blu-Ray to see the special features, as it was pretty damn impressive to see how they pulled all of this off with a microbudget.

I was just happy to see it in a mainstream theater (it played in AMC Theaters through as part of their AMC Independent Brand). This was on the same night as the premeire of "Hunger Games." An usher actually came into the theater while the film was playing and asked me if I was trying to sneak into the midnight showing.

Seriously, watch this movie.

The FP-In a post apocalyptic future, two rival gangs fight for control of Frazier Park by playing "Beat Beat Revelation", a deadly version of Dance, Dance, Revolution (Imdb)

4.5 on Imdb and 48% on Rotten Tomatoes, also available on Netflix on streaming

http://youtu.be/JK-Fbj_FV2I

Branded-Set in a dystopian future where corporate brands have created a disillusioned population, one man's effort to unlock the truth behind the conspiracy will lead to an epic battle with hidden forces that control the world. (Imdb) It's pretty much a reallly shitty They Live

4.4 on Imdb and 11% on Rotten Tomatoes

The FP is clearly aware of how much of a joke it is, so I don't think it'd work for this show, necessarily.

But if they could get the Trosts as guests, that would be pretty awesome. They've got the Crank connection, as the one of the brothers has worked on all of the Neveldine/Taylor films, so it shouldn't be too too difficult to get them to appear.

I couldn't find any mention of this on the message boards, and I have been losing my shit about getting this out to the general public.

"The FP" is a dramatic post-apocalyptic action movie about white gangstas that play Dance Dance Revolution (oh, I'm sorry... Beat Beat Revelation. They couldn't get the rights to the actual game.) And they play with the intensity usually reserved for college football or professional poker.

After the protagonist's brother dies from losing at BBR (!), he leaves and returns to the worst possible news: the guy that dance-killed his brother owns the liquor store now, and therefore controls the town.

And it gets worse. So many white kids dropping n-bombs...

Here's some links, for your consideration:

Clip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VovGH2Fe1w

Info - http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VovGH2Fe1w&t=238s

One of Drafthouse Film's (now NEON) first purchases.

In a dystopian future, a relentless turf war rages. Two rival gangs feud for control of rural wasteland Frazier Park ('The FP') in the deadly arena of competitive dance-fight video game "Beat-Beat Revelation." After hometown hero BTRO is slain on the dance platform by thug leader L Dubba E, his protégé younger brother JTRO (Jason Trost) goes into isolation, vowing never to duel again. One year later, The FP is in ruins, and JTRO must find the courage to return and restore order in a ruthless battle for revenge that can only leave one man dancing. From the producers of PARANORMAL ACTIVITY and featuring narration by James Remar (THE WARRIORS), THE FP is a fury of fierce footwork, triumphant montages and neon street wear that Moviefone calls "a rare ready-made cult hit."

Really, it's Dance Dance Revolution: The Movie. It's absolutely amazing and Jason Trost is wrapping up the sequel now, Beats of Rage. James Remar does the introduction. Clifton Collins Jr. makes an amazing cameo and Art Hsu from Crank 2 gives the performance of a lifetime.

post-138512-0-27389000-1523197701_thumb.jpg

This movie is ridiculous.  It's a story of gangs fighting in the future through DDR and it is insane.  The closing shot of the movie is totally bonkers and will blow Jason's mind.

The full movie is on youtube.  Go check it out.