🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 70 — Daddy Issues

Moshe Kasher has an "interesting relationship with urine," a famous former hairdresser, and a brand new book you have to check out called Kasher in the Rye: A True Tale of a White Boy from Oakland Who Became a Drug Addict, Criminal, Mental Patient, and Then Turned 16! He's back on Who Charted? for a look at the Dusted Magazine Music Chart, the weekend box office rankings, and to meet our little friend Hermes the Chart Goose. You can find out a lot about Moshe from his book, but you will only learn about wolf tickets, Muppet Babies sex talk, and Moshe's famous initials here on Who Charted? Pick up his book (if you use the link in the description, you can help out Who Charted? while you do it) and enjoy!

How can it be a strange casting choice when Michael Keaton is Batman?

• Like 2

Love hearing 'The Men' on Who Charted , they're the fucking boss.

Smart people needing mental illness to be a good sexer... #truth.

• Like 1

I went to 12345 Beard st. and did not find Zach. You guys Lie!

• Like 1

I went to 12345 Beard st. and did not find Zach. You guys Lie!

I went to 12345 Beard Street and bought my wolf tickets. Thanks, Who Charted!

I heard it always pronounced as swag because it is supposedly an acronym (Stuff We All Get)

• Like 1

I always opted for the phonetic spelling, "schwag", which dictionary.com says is okay.

Grimes-Visions and The Men-Open Your Heart are both fantastic albums, nice to hear a chart where I don't have to mute generic country songs! Although good music is harder to laugh at, I suppose...

• Like 3

Moshe loving the Magnetic Fields is a great fact I never would have guessed!

//This episode was tough to get through, what with Wee-Wee's constant fainting episodes!//

Huzzah for the Magnetic Fields. I need to get the new album. You were a few off, the previous album you were talking about is "69 Love Songs" and is a 3-disc affair (see what I did there?)

Stephen Merritt is rather prolific and has a few side projects, including one with Daniel Handler, who is probably better known under his alias "Lemony Snicket", the author of the macabre Series of Unfortunate Events books.

In fact, Merritt and Handler's collaboration, The Gothic Archies, is an album of songs inspired by the books. Fun Edward Gorey-esque stuff.

I can't wait to pick up my wolf tickets for Drump Street!

I never expected to hear weewee and coocoo talk about hunx and his pux or gravy train!!! Not positively at lead, so hooray for their appreciation of gay punk!

Great episode & fantastic music chart.

I was positively giddy hearing Moshe & Howard talk about Hunx/Gravy Train. So good.

I heard it always pronounced as swag because it is supposedly an acronym (Stuff We All Get)

tumblr_lt2ka8vgmW1qgnn41.gif

• Like 1

Nice to see Howard is feeling a little more lively. Get yourself a B12 shot dude!

what's the name of the song during moshe's intro?

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball

Moshe's voice...daaaaaaaamn. So smooth.

I like Tennis and the newest album is good but nothing can compare to the first time I heard "South Carolina."

Great show, my two favorite Howardisms this ep:

• "At some point, you're gonna lose a goose."
  • "You know, some guys who get to collect cans and get money for them."

I went right out and bought the book for my Kindle after hearing this. The story about being in a classroom with the cell in it, was heartbreaking. When I first heard Mr. Kasher on Sklarbro Country last year, I didn't really care for him. After now hearing him on so many podcasts and hearing his true voice emerge and seeing him for who he truly is, I have become a huge fan. Thanks for a great episode guys and well done in treating the topics with humor and grace.

Heh, I interviewed E-40 for a local rap thing in Vallejo, and he was totally dismissive - could not have cared less... The guys from 'N 2 Deep' were awesome, though - I guess because nobody remembers them...

Moshe always brings a great energy to every podcast he does and this was no exception. He had great chemistry with both of the hosts and wasn't afraid to talk about stuff rather than wait to be asked a question.

It's crazy after 70 episodes that this show is still fresh and always a good listen.

Keep up the great work Kulap and Howard, love you guys!

Sign in to follow this