🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode — Broken Mother's Back

Did you know that if you don't listen to improv4humans, your mother will have seven years of bad luck with a black cat? Okay, so that might not be true, but you absolutely should tune in to hear Allan McLeod, Stephanie Allynne, and Joe Wengert join Matt Besser and turn into rude rock stars, avant-garde make-up artists, and carnival barkers. Plus, we get into the age old debate: What does "alt comedy" mean exactly? Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

I'm thinking about emailing this episode to my mom without any sort of explanation.

• Like 1

I miss the theme song from the last few episodes!

I wanna know who was the "musician" Mr. Besser was talking about.

I'm DYING to know!!!! I tried to see if there was a list available of prior Asssscat guests, but no luck. Someone spill it!

Yes, please someone tell us who it was! It's killing me not to know who it is.

By the way great episode as usual, I laughed out loud several times

Sounded like there were some abrupt edits in this one?

Sounded like there were some abrupt edits in this one?

Yes, I try to keep the show under 70 minutes, so I tried to do it this week without cutting full scenes. Didn't work huh? Which cuts hit the hardest? Which scene should I have cut?

The most noticeable was during the carnival games sketch, right before Stephanie says "Nothing happens when you die" (I'm paraphrasing.

Unrelated, but Stephanie Allynne and Katie Dipold should make an appearance on CBB as Marissa Wompler's friends. They both are able to sound like young girls, possibly wearing braces.

When I lost it: "did you write Purkl?"

Matt- I noticed the cuts during Stephanie's story at the beginning and during the boss/pick up artist sketch. Honestly it didn't really phase me, I figured the cuts were just removing slow bits for time. I don't think you needed to cut any of them. Especially because The Game references in the inbreeding sketch wouldn't have worked and that would be sad.

Great episode!!

Oh, and ps... If any of you dudes have ever read The Game I sincerely hope you don't follow anything in that horrid book. I'd like you to know what women aren't all stupid and we don't just love being tricked and condescended. Also, "if she says no, she means yes. If she says stop, don't" is a really great way to get arrested on rape charges. This has been a public service announcement from me.

• Like 2

Also, I associate "mouth breather" with "fat, disgusting loser", so it was not cool of that musician to call the audience that.

Yes, I try to keep the show under 70 minutes, so I tried to do it this week without cutting full scenes. Didn't work huh? Which cuts hit the hardest? Which scene should I have cut?

I personally like the cuts, the scenes usually end with one last solid line. You are doing a great job with those edits Matt, keep up the great work!

I want to hear more Matt Besser ranting about comedy. This was a fabulous episode but his ranting at the start was gold.

Amazing reaction to a talking redneck head rolling down the bar towards you in a jar:

"What a great jar!"

No offense to Wengert, but if he would've been replaced by David Alan Grier, we could've had the guests morph into the long-awaited Allan Alan Allynne megazord.

Good show, as usual.

• Like 1

If I ever cross paths with Matt I'll be sure to mention that I love his work when I'm completely sober.

Didn't even notice the cuts. Although I Was listening to the show on a noisy bus so I couldn't really hear such a thing.

I, too, want to know who this musician is.

I'd just like to say...this has become my new favorite podcast. That is all :)

And yeah...I think Matt owes us all at least a hint as to who this musician was.

So I guess that WASN'T all.

I want to hear more Matt Besser ranting about comedy. This was a fabulous episode but his ranting at the start was gold.

Matt ranting about anything is awesome!! The special Tebow epsiode was extra entertaining because of it.

That's why I love episode 10 so much, because Besser gets totally sidetracked talking about the Jets and still makes the scene work.

Sign in to follow this