🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

MOD NOTE: Please check existing threads before posting a new one

I also need to apologize. I'm a new member, and I just made a new thread recommending Double Trouble before doing a search for the title and seeing that there was another thread about that movie eight months ago. I should've done that search first, and then necro'd that old topic. I'm sorry about that. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Edit: Oh, I see my topic has been combined with that previous one already. Thanks, mods!

Yeah, yeah: quadruple guilty of starting a new post while one exists. Sorry ...again.

So, since I just got ragged on for doing this twice in two separate posts, would someone tell me how to see if a movie recommendation has been posted. I tried following the example in the second post on this thread, and bupkis. I just ended up getting lost in the Earwolf forums section.

C'mon. Hold my hand and how me how it's done.

1. Choose an uncommon word from the title of the movie that is 4+ letters long. For example, ballistic or ecks or sever or scarlet.

2. Enter that word into the search field at the top of the Bad Movie Recommendations page and press enter.

3. Find the title of the movie in the list of search results.

If too many results are found, you can narrow the search by doing the following:

1. Click the gear icon next to the search field (or just press enter when the search field is empty) to go to the advanced search page.

2. Enter the chosen word in the Find words field.

3. From the Match dropdown, select Only search in titles.

4. From the Find in forum list, scroll down and select Bad Movie Recommendations under How Did This Get Made?

5. Find the title of the movie in the list of search results.

Dan, sorry it's taken me this long to thank you for the info above. Better late than never, right? Thank you for taking the time to write these instructions out. I really appreciate it.

Don't sweat it Greg. That movie is the most common offender

I almost want to re name this thread, "HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED"

:D

I was totally about to do this, it's like you read my mind, from over 2 years ago!

I was totally about to do this, it's like you read my mind, from over 2 years ago!

Or maybe "Hobo With A Shotgun Presents...".

• Like 2

There is another trick for finding movies here. and I am not being sarcastic when i say this

but goto google and type a search such as this.

Hobo With A Shotgun site://forum.earwolf.com/topic/

Make sure you include site://forum.earwolf.com/topic/

That's your magic decoder ring.

This tells google only to search the forums at Earwolf and nothing else.

it should show up first link at the top of the page. Also you may have to type in the year.

I find it works great.

I've posted some new movies, and found that there were threads for that movie already. I did try searching but some of them are not coming up.

Thanks to mods for keeping this subforum clean. It's not an easy job so just wanted to give you a pat on the back.

• Like 1

Just discovered that when I search some movies I get an error that says the search was less than 4 characters long (it definitely wasn't) or included some things not allowed to search like .html and .img (it definitely didn't).

Wanted to let everyone know in case this is just a small thing that will fix itself soon or it's not a small thing that needs a mod's helping hand.

As long as one of the words you're searching for is less than 4 it will return that error (just checked by searching "master of disguise" and "master disguise". second worked, first didn't.)

Personally I give everything a search, and since I only kinda trust it, will then arrange the forum in alphabetical order (hit Custom on the line with Recently Updated, Start Date, etc [between the top most forum post and the page selector]) and go to where it should be and see if its listed.

Not perfect since people can name them weird, but for the most part does ok.

• Like 1

The search function is a giant pain, prone to dropping words and ignoring quotes for no reason. We've tried configuring it to allow three-letter keywords, but the database that the forum uses disregards those settings.

The best way to find existing threads is by limiting the search to thread titles only (explained here) or searching Google for:

site:forum.earwolf.com intitle:[keyword]

(Example)

• Like 1

If I can, I try to search for the last name of one of the actors if they have a fairly unique one. It has its limits though. Searching "Travolta" or "Lohan" will work really well but "Cage" or "Lee" don't work as well.

I am guilty. I posted about Jem and the Holograms because nothing showed up under Jem, but when I typed Holograms I discovered it was already suggested back in July. My apologies.

once again, "HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED. STOP POSTING NEW ONES. FOR CEREAL."

Besides, Hobo With A Shotgun shouldn't even be an episode. It's sort of a "so bad it's good" on purpose. Doesn't that kind of take the fun out of it? I mean, I know they did two or three Sharknadoes, but still.

• Like 2

Besides, Hobo With A Shotgun shouldn't even be an episode. It's sort of a "so bad it's good" on purpose. Doesn't that kind of take the fun out of it? I mean, I know they did two or three Sharknadoes, but still.

and clearly posted out how to find it here.. LOL

Sorry guys. I searched for "The 6th Day" and nothing came back. Not sure why. Thanks for moving my post :)

No worries! The search function ignores 3-letter words, so "the 6th day" would never return any results.

• Like 1

Sorry guys. I searched for "The 6th Day" and nothing came back. Not sure why. Thanks for moving my post :)

In a situation like that I've found that searching lead actor names helps as more often than not searching this forum for Arnold will be enough to bring up all of the threads for his bad movies.