🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

MOD NOTE: Please check existing threads before posting a new one

That is all.

Thank you for your time.

zul7ip.jpg

• Like 1

Go to:

Earwolf Forums → Earwolf Productions → How Did This Get Made? → Bad Movie Recommendations

Type the movie name in the white search box top right and press the yellow spyglass button.

See if the movie is already listed: add to the conversation to get this movie shortlisted.

If not: Feel free to start it as a new topic and add a it to the list.

Oh and you might want to check the archive of movies already done too incase your wish has already been fulfilled.

--

Think that about sums it up. :)

• Like 2

i think i'm a little guilty of this and for that i'm sorry

Amen.. doesn't help that some don't put the title of the movie in the subject line or prefix it or put two movies in.. but since there is no official formal rules.. hard to complain.

Maybe there should be an official format stated.

I've noted a lot of duplicates down the bottom end of the list too but since the important ones rise to the top they hardly matter.

oops, guess im too blame for this note and i apologize

Don't sweat it Greg. That movie is the most common offender

I almost want to re name this thread, "HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED"

:D

• Like 1

once again, "HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED. STOP POSTING NEW ONES. FOR CEREAL."

• Like 1

I almost feel like this movie should be done specifically for the purpose of just having it there so that no one will suggest it ever again. Let's retire "Hobo With a Shotgun"!

• Like 1

I almost feel like this movie should be done specifically for the purpose of just having it there so that no one will suggest it ever again. Let's retire "Hobo With a Shotgun"!

Knowing how persistent it is, somebody would probably overlook that it had been done and suggest it anyway.

Yeah, that does tend to happen from time to time anyway. Maybe there should be some sort of Episode Guide or Most Suggested Movies thread that...well, will probably go ignored. Hmmmm. I know that things tend to get buried pretty quickly on the Bad Movie Recommendations page, so I can understand why certain things keep popping up.

Yeah, that does tend to happen from time to time anyway. Maybe there should be some sort of Episode Guide or Most Suggested Movies thread that...well, will probably go ignored. Hmmmm. I know that things tend to get buried pretty quickly on the Bad Movie Recommendations page, so I can understand why certain things keep popping up.

I really try to do my best to check through the threads every few weeks and merge any double or triple posted suggestions so that when sorted by most replies, the popular topics will rise to the top. I feel like if I do anything more complicated it will be sadly ignored. Oh wells.

At least all the spam is gone. There was a lot of THAT popping up for a while, seemingly out of nowhere. I mean, I'm all for black market third-world knockoffs of name brand basketball shoes of somewhat dubious quality, but I've got an Air Geordan guy over at IMDB that already hooks me up with that.

• Like 1

The search function does not work, it requires at least four words and most movie titles are less than that. Can the search criteria be adjusted?

The search function does not work, it requires at least four words and most movie titles are less than that. Can the search criteria be adjusted?

I got it to work searching for Maximum Overdrive

I started a topic about the 2012 movie Deadfall, which i couldn't find an existing topic and I guess a moderator moved it to a conversation about the the 90's movie Deadfall with Nick Cage. These are two completely different movies and the place my topic was placed makes no sense in the context of the conversation. I don't know if this the proper place to post this, since I'm new to the forum, but I'd like to find how to have this remedied, if that's at all possible. Thank you.

Sorry, my fault. I can fix it. I'm so used to just merging threads with the exact same title and there have been a ton since fyi opened so I was just going down the list.

Thanks for letting me know! Sorry for my mistake!

"Oh and you might want to check the archive of movies already done too incase your wish has already been fulfilled"

Just make sure you are not making your "wish" to Andrew Divoff and you should be okay.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but can we do anything about the search bar not letting you use three-letter words in searches? I think if it was easier to search for movies, people might not form threads for movies that were already suggested.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but can we do anything about the search bar not letting you use three-letter words in searches? I think if it was easier to search for movies, people might not form threads for movies that were already suggested.

It helps if you use quotes. Samurai Cop doesn't work, but "Samurai Cop" brings up the right thread.

• Like 1

That's true, new people coming to the forum to suggest something aren't going to know that though.

I can't do anything about the finicky search. it is what it is.

Honestly, it doesn't bother me that much to have to merge threads. I just ask that people make an effort to see if something has already been suggested.

And while I'm here, I'd also really like to ask that people starting new threads only put the movie title and at most the year it came out in the thread title. (Ex: "Getaway (2013)" ) When you name a thread, "How come no Gremlins 2 yet?" it makes it basically impossible for me to keep things organized since I look at the list alphabetically.

thank you for your time

• Like 3

1. Click the "Special BBCode" button above the comment field. It's the just to the left of the Font selector.

2. Select "Media" from the dropdown list.

3. Paste the URL to your YouTube video into the "URL" field. If the URL begins with https:// (they generally do), you must delete the "s", so it begins with http:// instead.

4. Click OK to insert the BBCode.

When you post your comment, the video should appear inline.

(Now that you see how the media tag works, you can just type [​media][/​media] into the box in the future instead of using the menu.)

• Like 1