Episode 71 — Badu Doo-Wop

27 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Given Howard's affinity for reds, we were more than happy to have Julie Klausner bring her New York hipness and Jewish nerdyness to Who Charted? for a look at the Billboard Heatseekers Chart and Movie Chart. We know she doesn't care about your band, but what are her thoughts on Steven Seagal movies, Julia Roberts career resurgence, and Mindy Cohn's fighting ability? Julie also treats us to a round of Chart Darts with bonus insight into her auburn brethren. We'll see all you Bridgetown Chartists in Portland this Saturday at 3 PM at the Bagdad Theater!

#2 gle urg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

Awesome! I love Klausner's podcast, and it's pretty rare that she shows up on LA-based podcasts. Can't wait to listen to this!

#3 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

I didn't immediately recognize her face in the thumbnail, and then when I read the name MY JAW DROPPED, FOR CEREAL.

I LOVE Julie, and her podcast has made this past year shine a whole lot brighter! Can't wait to listen!
Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats

#4 Sad Billionaire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Incredible. The whole truck song segment was epic. One for the ages.

#5 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Howard has the best conversation transitions.
I write inappropriate things on Twitter - @JuliaEveHays.

#6 Jimmy Willis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

Same premise as Road Trip, but the movie was "Overnight Delivery" with Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd. Comedy credits?

#7 Devin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationRVA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:04 AM

I just started the episode, but I am hoping the title means this is a spiritual sequel to the CBB episode "Dip Dadda Dip Dow."
Posted Image

#8 Devin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationRVA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

View PostBenV, on 11 April 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

Klausner seems like a bit of a ****

Sorry she didn't like the truck song, bro.
Posted Image

#9 mwn

problem

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNH

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

Can we get 20 minutes looping of everyone repeatedly drawling "III RROORRWVV WRUUU" at the end of this week's Two Charted?

#10 AlamoBasement

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

I loved the change up with the old themes it brings back memories of ol' yester charts! I kinda think julie was a wee bit condescending towards howard but thats just what i thought good ep...

#11 Baraka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostJimmy Willis, on 11 April 2012 - 05:05 AM, said:

Same premise as Road Trip, but the movie was "Overnight Delivery" with Reese Witherspoon and Paul Rudd. Comedy credits?

Thank you! Completely accurate and also stars the bad guy from Darkman and Ben Stiller's wife.

I think this was Paul Rudd's first big role after that weird Hong Kong movie.

#12 sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Howard's quizzes make my head hurt.

#13 sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postmatt loxley, on 11 April 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

I kinda think julie was a wee bit condescending towards howard but thats just what i thought good ep...

Hmm, I'm not getting that at all.

#14 LemonDropKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationNashville

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

I just want to know why she doesn't care about my band. Is it that I don't have one?

#15 Americlone Meme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:45 PM

You are correct, Howard. Cats are smarter than dogs. Their brains may be smaller than dogs, but they have more neurons (nearly double) and thus more processing power.

#16 Ballistic_Mistletoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

I usually look forward to Who Charted, but I got even more excited when I saw who was on this week.

Also:

View PostAmericlone Meme, on 11 April 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

You are correct, Howard. Cats are smarter than dogs. Their brains may be smaller than dogs, but they have more neurons (nearly double) and thus more processing power.

There's actually no established or recognized way for scientists to measure intelligence acutely enough to say one way or the other. Most evidence suggests that dogs are smarter, though.

#17 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 955 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

I am absolutely devastated by Kulap's turn on the Hunger Games... After two weeks of trying not to cry while everyone on every podcast shits on their new favorite thing to shit on for no reason, I thought that I had someone on my side...

But... she didn't like Catching Fire? I am so dumbfounded by this. The fandom basically agrees that Catching Fire is the best book.... If she didn't like it she shouldn't read Mockingjay, because a ton of people (who are wrong btw) think it's the worst book.

I have so many feels bro

Posted Image

#18 Sad Billionaire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Goddammit, BenV, that's some misogynist hate speech shit right there. I think you should apologize. Seriously.

#19 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostSad Billionaire, on 11 April 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Goddammit, BenV, that's some misogynist hate speech shit right there. I think you should apologize. Seriously.

Seconded. Rude, sexist and uncalled for, besides being completely incorrect.
Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats

#20 Flatulator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I find Julie annoying. I like the guests who aren't pathologically extroverted. I guess that eliminates most entertainment industry professionals.