🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
scottwebb

CANT DOWNLOAD ANY EARWOLF PODCASTS!

Is anyone else having this issue? Earwolf podcasts won't download to zune marketplace, (yes i own a zune, i know.) and the title of the episodes will appear in itunes when i subscribe and/or download but they won't play. this is only happening with earwolf podcasts. what the fuck, man?

I'm having the same problem -- sad little !s next to every Earwolf podcast in my iTunes library.

I'm having the same problem on my android device; I use google's rss podcast app ("Listen"). I've noticed this problem off and on over the last few days; currently no earwolf podcast will download at all. All other podcasts from various places load fine. (I've recently tried rebooting, refreshing, etc)

Was not able to download any Prof. Blastoff via the feedburner URL since yesterday. Did get the new Improv for Humans today.

Follow-up, switched to Podkicker for Android and was able to d/l episodes. Google Listen just plain sucks.

Google Listen has its bugs, but also has fairly reliably delivered my 100+ rss podcast subscriptions every day for the past two or three years

Starting a week or two ago, Earwolf podcasts download *once*, when the episode first comes out. If I happen to miss or postpone listening to a new episode, the podcast will not download again at all - it returns an error. This is still the case for every Earwolf podcast in Google Listen (all other podcast feeds from across the worldwide web are working fine). I've been trying to listen to the newer Prof. Blastoff for quite awhile...still no dice.

Is there a bugfix coming soon?? hopefully?? ;-(

update: Improv4humans & two charted's newest episode download A-OK. no episodes of Prof. Blastoff or Comedy Bang-Bang will download, still. not sure about the rest. ;-|

thanks

I have been having problems downloading Earwolf podcasts via iTunes on my iPhone since Friday.

I was able to download podcasts through last Thursday (improv4humans), but could not get Who Charted?, Totally Laime, or Sklarboro Country on Friday. I could not download CBB yesterday, but was able to get Professor Blastoff, HDTGM, and the new i4h today. I tried the shows I could not download again this morning and they still don't work, so there is still some sort of problem.

Each time I am in iTunes on my iPhone for an Earwolf podcast, it keeps locking up (many variations - cannot scroll or tap, images and buttons won't appear) and shutting down. I have been able to download all of my other podcasts (WTF, MaxFun, etc) on my iPhone - the problem has been specific to Earwolf shows.

Obviously I can use the app to stream shows when I am near a wi-fi connection, but I can't use that option all of the time. Is there any chance of a 'download' function on the app in the future so that I am not dependent on iTunes?

Yesterday and Today I haven't been able to download Earwolf Podcasts from Itunes. I have tried to download Who Charted, Totally Laime, and Comedy Bang Bang.

Hi Jeff- It's still an issue for me. I'm having the same problem that A-2 described: For the past 3 weeks, when I try to download Earwolf podcasts (Comedy Bang Bang and Improv4Humans) on my ipod touch through iTunes, it doesn't work. Only the most recent couple of episodes are listed, but the buttons next to them don't appear. The rest of the episodes are a blank screen. Then my iPod locks up, and iTunes crashes. This only happens with Earwolf podcasts.

I've figured a trick to download through iTunes on my iPod touch. You just have to not click install (which causes it to crash) and let it load. scroll around so it doesn't time out and eventually it will load and the install button will appear like it should. It takes like 90 seconds.

That's been working for me. I hope this helps.

I tried the trick to try and download in iTunes on my iPhone and it didn't work. I was scrolling around more than two minutes and nothing finished loading. I haven't been able to download any earwolf podcast since last month. I usually get Bang Bang and Sklarboro

Have this problem in 2019!!! tried many podcast apps for Android, including google podcasts and Stitcher