Episode 155 — Fingerbang Lindbergh

25 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Are you ready for the final episode of the third year of Comedy Bang Bang? What do you want more than anything from this episode of Comedy Bang Bang? To finally get that one-on-one exclusive interview with Patton Oswalt we keep trying to give you? You got it! Want to find out about the inner workings of Comedy Bang Bang and Earwolf from our very own Mark Van Driel? You got that too! Do you want to learn a brand new game that will send Jing It or Ding It running? Just wait 'til you hear Fart, Mary, Kiss! Join us next week as we enter year four of existence!

#2 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:01 AM

Damn it, Patton! I've been planning for years to name my first born Covered in Pussy Juice Smith, and now everybody's going to name their kid that!
I write inappropriate things on Twitter - @JuliaEveHays.

#3 KajusX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

That was a really good What's Up Hot Dog Memorial Plugs song.
Likes: Tomatoes, umbrellas (all kinds), some dogs, most cats

#4 Luke HENDERSON!

AKA Luke Henderson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

My iTunes isn't working this morning for any of my downloads of any podcast. To say I am, upset, is a bit of an understatement. I wake up, find PO on CBB and can't listen? In the words of the cow in the restaurant at the end of the universe, 'I'm going to bop off to the kitchen and shoot myself'.

#5 gregmsna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Just a little 'vice (this is a shorter, abbreviated word for "advice" to make this post quicker for you to read), Scott, while you're on the marketing tip: try to talk less about your wife. You want to make yourself seem available to the 14-20 female demographic, and they just hate it when the guy that they have hanging up in their lockers already has a love interest.
g1984m is just doin it and gettin it done, because it is what it is and what goes around comes around if you don't live and learn.

#6 fiber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

It'd be really cool if Scott and Patton (and Posehn if they could get him) did an Earwolf Presents talking about comic books.

#7 sarel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:08 AM

Finally the sit-down serious Marc Maron style interview that Scott has promised us here. Let me say, I have been looking forward to this interview for the entire run of Comedy Bang Bang and cannot wait to hear how the laughter arises through all the pain.

#8 Mean Detective

Josh Werth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

All I could think during Scott's extended-remix introductory remarks was, "I'm just glad Paul F. Tompkins isn't here to hear this, because he'd totally be laughing in the background, less out of humor than from bemused exasperation."

#9 Colin Denney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Posted Image

#10 Pepper R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

I didn't know Earwolf was owned by General Mills. They should totally make a Comedy Bang Bang cereal. It would be marshmallow hot dogs and pop rocks. Also, it should come in a plastic container shaped like Scotabot's face, with a crank on the side, and when you turn the crank the cereal comes out the Choctaw's mouth, vomiting up cereal just how he vomits up comedy for us every week!

#11 GoofusOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

CBB could knock me over with a feather. I was giddy as I awaited the intrusion of the interview, and giggled like an idiot when it did.

And now to give the El Tigre episode another listen.
The girl in the floral two piece capri pant pajama set.

#12 happyamosfun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPortland, Or

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

Sounds like I'm famous this week. Who wants to help me reach rock bottom before next Monday?

#13 NelsonTwins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Bless you Scott for the Baywatch Nights reference.

#14 slothborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

#15 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 923 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

I really need to get Patton's dvd...

Did anyone else watch his special this weekend? Or were you guys all out having fun or something?

I laughed very hard while I knitted on my couch, but was thinking I needed more. I'm pretty stoked to see the slideshow, it sounds bonkers.

#16 weegee91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

I watched the special... very good. It's kind of odd if you own the album though, because it seems like quite a bit gets cut out from the album to the special.

#17 Ben K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

I love Patton Oswalt. Always so good on the CBB!

#18 Nate Ellis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

Posted Image

I checked amazon for Patton's dvd of Finest Hour and was amused by the frequently bought together pair up.

#19 rachelpi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDSM, IA

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

That's why Marc yells "LOCK THE GATES" at the top of each episode - because it fucking works, keeping people out.
Take the Magna Carta, and throw it in the garbage.

#20 SUH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Chris Tallman does a great Bob Saget impression