🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 68 - Ricky Gervais

Comedian, actor, writer, producer Ricky Gervais feels strangely underwhelmed about being Conan O’Brien’s friend.

Ricky sits down with Conan to discuss getting a laugh out of the worst of humanity, the upcoming season of his Netflix show After Life, and finding out his heroes are just regular people. Plus, Conan shares what he’s learned about tech in the days of quarantine.

Conan,

You and Sona mention insurance agents should solve crimes. Did you know insurance agents played an important role in stopping one of the worst serial murderers in Chicago's history? Dr. H. H. Holmes lured people (largely women) to their deaths during the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. In some cases he purchased life insurance on his victims and listing himself as the beneficiary, which is what put insurance agents on his tail.  

https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/serial-killers/hh-holmes/ 

Fascinating book: Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.

Don't take it as criticism, but it's getting somewhat old the fact that we have to listen to you guys (especially during the Gervais podcast) about how tough is your life when people don't understand you. Feel like you should get over it instead of sounding self deprecating

Not sure what Eddy is talking about. Gervais was an amazing guest; however the host left something to be desired (screw off I'm joking).

I think Eddy is missing the point of this series.  Also, I think you should talk more about how hard it is to spend your money and what is the point of being rich if you can't spend it as frivolously while you're isolated.

Sign in to follow this