Episode 24 — Humanzee

10 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Why go to a boring dunk contest or drive through a lame game reserve when you can listen to improv? This week's guests on improv4humans are the hilarious and talented Chad Carter, Lennon Parham, and Tim Meadows. It is more fun than summer camp, more fulfilling than a high-five, and more sexually rewarding than 1,003 kisses. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

#2 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

Fucking gold.

"We have to keep her busy or she's going to start playing with her vagina..."
Me IRL

"My name is Bruce. I fuck with viruses. I pull potatahs from the earth with my bare man hands. My beanie and five o clock shadow make me look like a longshoreman. And I can chill harder than a motherfucker."

#3 LA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Thursdays have become fun :-)

#4 Caroline Anderson

Earwolf Incarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

I just got back from seeing Lennon (and Jason Mantzoukas and Jessica St. Clair) KILL it at UCB Cagematch. Unfortunately, everyone was incorrect and voted for the opponent, but I do love how much Lennon I'm getting between that and this and BFFs.

#5 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Maybe it's just something about American Idol, Matt. Because there are some younger singers, like Michael Jackson when he was still in the Jackson 5, or a young Stevie Wonder, who did some of my favorite love songs. Perhaps it just seems more insincere when they have to package a two-minute pop version of it for a televised singing competition.
I write inappropriate things on Twitter - @JuliaEveHays.

#6 Luke HENDERSON!

AKA Luke Henderson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

This was, in my opinon, the best epsiode of Improv 4 Humans yet. The slam dunk contest literally forced me to pull over to the side of the road and stop my car so I could calm down after laughing and crying so hard. Well done!

#7 ErryTing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

Tim Meadows is hilarious!

#8 Michael Wo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

This was one of the best eps yet, but possibly my favorite moment was when Chad says "Harvard Time" and then the way Tim responds.

#9 Chalkdust

Not just any nobody!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Was Matt Besser feeling well this week? His voice sounded a little affected... he sounded younger. Did he get a time travel disease?

For anyone curious about the 'Japanese theater' thing that was mentioned in the dunk contest segment, here's an example:

Matrix Ping-Pong

#10 sheeshkabob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Dang, what a great episode! It felt like it ended way too soon, though. The first two sketches had me dying. Chad was extra hilarious this week (especially as the car salesman), and Miss Ham Patty threw out some absurdly funny lines (her mentioning how she had had a coupon to buy their ivory couch and the humanzee Linda's hair being nice really cracked me up for some reason.) Of course, it's always a treat when Matt gets outraged (in response to the salesman calling him an asshole) or when he plays a whispering nature guide of some sort. And Tim Meadows ought to be a guest every other week - at the very least!
A big gold tooth, I live in the mouth of my homie.

#11 ac00perw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationBurlington, VT

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

View PostChalkdust, on 26 April 2012 - 04:31 PM, said:

For anyone curious about the 'Japanese theater' thing that was mentioned in the dunk contest segment, here's an example:

Matrix Ping-Pong

I was thinking more along the lines of Kabuki:

Either way, this was an instant classic.