🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 25 — Museum of Death

We got the real WTF treatment this week. Ronna and Bev got to visit Marc Maron in the cat ranch and turn the tables on the popular podcast host. The ladies came just in the nick of time to help Marc out with his relationship woes.

• Like 1

Love this podcast! Marc Maron killed it... one of my favorite episodes so far! Also the museum of Death sounds right up my ally and I live near LA... should check it out!

Can someone please explain to me Marc Maron's comedy? I don't get it - he just seemed like he was being mean.

Ronna and Beverly were funny as usual though.

I think the key to getting MM's humor on this episode is to understand that he, like most middle-class US Jewish people, has known a lot of people like R and B (usually relatives who are hectoring, annoying, judgmental, provincial) and is in on R and B's joke that it is the height of insanity to bring such an approach to life to celebrity interviews. He is simply reacting as a normal (if somewhat defensive) person would when bombarded by insults, intrusive questions, non-sequiturs, etc. I personally thought that MM's refusal to "yes, and" produced one of the funniest episodes of any podcast I have ever heard. In some ways, it points out just how "crazy" R and B's other guests are in reacting so calmly and graciously. Maybe the best comparison would be to the different kinds of humor that Borat or Ali G drag out of different kinds of people with whom they interact?

• Like 2

Penatrating analysis, Sad Billionaire. I found this a fascinating episode as well.

• Like 1

I loved this.

It was a relentless conversation. My favorite episode of the show.

I knew Marc would do battle, and it was lovely and glorious

Jessica and Jamie, I couldn't describe how happy it makes me feel to hear you both

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this