🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
johnnycanuck21

Lockdown

Having just seen Lockdown by Luc Besson and starring Guy Ritchie - it is hard to think of how this couldn't be an ideal HDTGM selection. From Ritchie's delightful over the top performance, to the sheer mundanity on the space adventure experience, to the 1980's Hill Street Blues cops who work on the Low Orbit Police Force, to the space prison fortress which is easier to escape from than a wet paper sack, to the fact that two characters (spoiler!) jump from a space station in orbit and parachute into a major US city - this movie has it all.

I must be listening to the show too much because as I watched and laughed my way through the film, I could hear Jason M.'s voice in my head screaming "WHY!!!!" at the screen.

As a big fan - I hope you will give this one consideration. I think you will love to loathe this movie.

Luc Besson... one of my favorite bad movie directors.

Pedant alert: It's Guy Pearce, not Guy Ritchie.

But yeah, it seems like Luc Besson makes so many movies that could be on this podcast.

Having seen and heard what an unlikable (insert sexual expletive of choice here) Guy Ritchie is i'm not surprised he doesn't spend time in front of the camera.. you know once he called Hare Coursing "Being in touch with nature".... Dick!

But yeah.. Luc Besson is by turns awful and wonderful. Fifth Element was crazy fun, even if it did inflict Jovovitch on us for decades to come, as was District 13, Léon, Nikita, The Transporter and one of my all time favorites Angel-A...

then he does Arthur and the Minimoys, From Paris with Love & Colombiana.. whatever his input the man makes movies with some flare and range to them and the worlds better for it.

BTW.. Guy Pearce amazing actor from such crappy beginning on AussieSoaps to the heights of some of the coolest movie roles ever.

Lockdown is a Facebook prisoner life simulation game where you can do missions, collect cash, earn reputation, and trade items. The game is developed by Plarium behind the social game Pirates: Tides of Fortune.

For more information regarding it, please check http://www.dotmmo.com/lockdown-9542.html

Wow, a spammer! Haven't seen one of those on these forums.

That's how you know its getting big time. That and the high-horsers.

Sign in to follow this