🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 71 - Mike Myers

Actor Mike Myers feels prehensile about being Conan O’Brien’s friend

Mike sits down with Conan to talk about treating the audience as the boss, sharing his iconic comedic filmography with his kids, and the “cinema bleak” of Canada. Later, Conan gets frantic with a one-off segment titled “Maybe I’m As Big a Nerd As Gourley”.

Ok, I needed to calm down a bit after this last episode...Im just...Im NOT ANGRY IM JUST DISAPPOINTED...ok  pheewwwww.....

First, its pronounced A-LER-ON, and on the back of the plane, as least according to the Guillows Balsa B-17 Flying Fortress with a Cheyenne Tail, CHEYENNE I TELL YOU, that I built, the control surfaces are called Elevators. My BBS boards are in upheaval over this. I DEMAND A RETRACTION!!!

In 2011, I found out that Canada has had a national improv competition in high schools for 40+ years now. Since then I've always associated their dominance of improv with that. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Improv_Games

• Like 1

I wasnt sure if anybody from the team checks Favebook or twitter, but here is my terrifying fan art as per Gourley's request.  Apologies, Sona, I'm sure you did not need to see this.  

IMG_20200511_155502_533.jpg

Me: "You should listen to the latest Conan Needs a Friend, he talks about a model airplane that he built."

My husband, as big a nerd as Matt Gourley and Conan O'Brien: "What model?"

Me: "Can't remember, they said it was the same plane Snoopy -"

My husband: "A SOPWITH CAMEL?!"

I swear Conan, Matt, and my husband would get along VERY well, if the conversation sticks to anything that would show on the History Channel...

• Haha 1

Love CBNAF, but this episode had too much Conan and way too little Mike Meyers. Would love another show with Mike so we can learn more about him. 

OK, this is weird...  I JUST finished my scratch built Sopwith Camel about a week ago. (A Dove actually.  The civilian version after the war)  I salute you Connan!  Building small scale rubber or electric powered model airplanes is a noble thing.  Granted, it wont get you laid but you're in good company.  My dad: Vietnam vet, fighter pilot, chest full of medals is a life long modeler.  My brother: body builder, 747 pilot is a big time model builder.  Not exactly nerd types.  Please post some pics when you're done.  

download (41).png

download (42).png

Loved this episode! Conan is a great interviewer. I love how he laughs along with the guest. It shows that he is a naturally generous comedian.

Sign in to follow this