🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 118 — Dear Diary!

Dear Diary: Today we talked to Lesley Arfin and she was AWESOME! She gives us a lesson in denim, tells us tales from her world travels, and waxes poetic on the art of waxing. I don't know if she was trying to impress us, but it totally worked. Lesley, you are the wind beneath our wings. Enjoy!

Yeah... Sorry guys but I'm gonna have to skip this one.

Not really a big fan of unapologetic racist hipsters.

Bummer.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:

108 is also my special number! I've never met anyone else who has shared this. Clearly, Lesley and I are soulmates who need to start a club ("The Pentagon Club" because there are 108 degrees in each interior angle in a regular pentagon?) and be BFFS.

Love this episode. Love Girls.

Hey Shannon~

oof, this hurts my heart! Just to defend her (not that she needs it) but Lesley doesn't need to apologize because she has nothing to apologize for~ she's certainly not racist or hatefilled and has been the victim of a website that preys on controversy - they have twisted her words and made her out to be something and spoon fed that to the masses. We are all entitled to our own opinions but... Please don't buy into that bullshit!

• Like 1

:( Now my heart hurts because I hurt your heart. You know I've been one of your biggest fans since so early on and I really love and respect you.

I have a whole lot of strong feelings about this, and I'm not sorry for them. But I should have kept them to myself. I don't like too much negativity on these boards, and I don't want to contribute to it.

Forget I said anything, and let's all look at this Oprah gif that always makes me laugh.

oprah-bees.gif

Hi Shannon ~ Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree on this one thing but one thing we certainly agree on is OPRAHHHH BEEESSS!! :)

NONE OF THIS HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT ME AND LESLEY HAVE THE SAME SPECIAL NUMBER! NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT!

Shannon: just wanted to share that you are certainly not alone in your feelings. There's plenty of evidence, from a variety of sources. Anyone who doubts this needs only to do a little googling. And avoid that one website, if you like. Check out Street Carnage, and what it is all about, politically. Look at some of the twitter comments. Read some African American writers' blogs on the topic.

I haven't heard a satisfying answer about the weird statements and affiliations. Carlos Mencia and Daniel Tosh and Lisa Lampanelli also haven't apologized for a lot of wack stuff they've said and done, either. If they showed up on Totally Laime, I'd hope to see some static, too.

Audiences get to draw conclusions from the behavior of performers. And I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to express those conclusions, respectfully and non-hysterically. It's 2012. You want to build clout with "edgy" racism? People will pay attention. Some will give you money and jobs. And others will do that one thing they can do to register their disgust: say, publicly, "no thanks."

Sometimes when one takes a principled stand, feathers get ruffled. I think that's okay. I also appreciate the "agreeing to disagree." That's cool, too. But I was proud of your courage when I saw your first comment.

I usually enjoy this show, but I definitely could have done without almost 15 minutes of urban outfitters and pants discussion. Talk about "the least important questions."

I enjoy Totally Laime, and think it's a great listen most weeks. Thanks for bringing it to us.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:

108 is also my special number! I've never met anyone else who has shared this.

Desmond Hume?

Desmond Hume?

I didn't watch Lost, but now that I know that 108 plays into it, I'm totally going to!

I didn't watch Lost, but now that I know that 108 plays into it, I'm totally going to!

I don't remember 108 in Lost, but I'm pretty sure 108 is an important number to Krishnas. There is a Krishna hardcore band called 108 that I used to listen to.

Sign in to follow this