Episode 93 — Maggot Stampede

9 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

You know how much we love lady energy here on the calming shores! We've got one of the best this week with stand-up comedian and Parks and Recreation writer Chelsea Peretti. She talks of maggots and Fleas and tells us how she learned to love the NBA. We're also getting Gumble-y this week with yet another call from Bryant Gumble (in addition to a creepy voicemail from NPR's Robert Siegel). Plus, get to know animator John Mathot who designed our beautiful new Sklarbro Country t-shirts. Pick up a shirt and punch a waterfall!

#2 Eric Peters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Lady energy! I can't wait to listen to this. Chelsea Peretti is overdue on the calming shores of Sklarbro Country or Earwolf. Thanks in advance, you made my morning shift.

#3 Julia Hays

Earwolf Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey native. New to Los Angeles.

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

This is real, you guys!
Posted Image
I write inappropriate things on Twitter - @JuliaEveHays.

#4 Bruce Reid Robinson II

No good, two-bit, hippy womanizer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • LocationAny farm in Oregon

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

HOLY SHIT BALLS! dancing with cats just blew my mind.
Me IRL

"My name is Bruce. I fuck with viruses. I pull potatahs from the earth with my bare man hands. My beanie and five o clock shadow make me look like a longshoreman. And I can chill harder than a motherfucker."

#5 Alex Goldberger

Cowboy Poet Laureate of the Southeast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

That Twitter exchange is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. *sigh* I need funnier friends.
"All the stuff that's going on in the world today, you gotta be kidding me. YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! I mean, no kidding, at this point it's like, 'Excuse me, WHAT?!'" -Jerry O'Hearn

@Alex_Goldberger

#6 Alex Choperena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

Man, the energy on this one was great!

I love the show and the format, but it's nice every once in a while to get things shaken up a bit. Between Chelsea jumping in on the first segment and bringing in John at the end there, there was a nice, loose, vibe to this one. Very cool.

Also, for those who don't know already, the songs from this (and every previous episode) are up and running at the music blog. Link is my signature line below. Enjoy!

#7 Luke HENDERSON!

AKA Luke Henderson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Totally agree with Alex. Loved hearing the story behind the shirt. The NPR phone call was...unsettling.

#8 Jimmy Willis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:27 AM

Loved the Blonde Fire song that you guys played on the show today. Solid gold show as always, boys. Zoom.

#9 Wesley

Super-Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

I agree, I loved the format of this episode. There was something kinda nice about hearing the guest's takes on the Sklars' commentary as they were commentating on the commentary... I think
now available in fun size

#10 MasterCob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Re: the staff of the Death Star. Were you guys intentionally paraphrasing Clerks?