🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I - for one - would love to hear someone like Paul F. Tompkins on Improv4Humans. I'm not sure if it could ever happen given that Tompkins (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't have a whole lot of formal improv training under his belt, but as anyone who listens to Comedy Bang Bang can attest, he seems to be so naturally gifted at improvisational comedy that I would be very interested to hear him on a show like this. I'll bet it would be great.

• Like 2

I don't have many names in my head, but I for one really appreciate it when there's women in the mix. Please spare no effort in getting more women on the show!

• Like 1

How about a How Did This Get Made crossover show featuring Paul Scheer, June Dian Rapheal, and Jason Mantzoukas? There's already a lot of chemistry there, and also you could maybe even the inspiration for the improv could be all about shitty movies.

• Like 1

Andy Daly, Paul F. Tompkins and Jason Mantzoukas would be a crazy fun show. Jon Daly and Ben Schwartz as well.

And while I'm at it, Robin Williams. I was lucky enough to catch a surprise 2 hour appearance of his at Punchline in SF sometime around 2003(?) and Jesus Christ it was incredible to behold. The man might make some horrible movies but that was the single greatest performance I've ever seen in my life.

• Like 1

How about a How Did This Get Made crossover show featuring Paul Scheer, June Dian Rapheal, and Jason Mantzoukas? There's already a lot of chemistry there, and also you could maybe even the inspiration for the improv could be all about shitty movies.

That would be incredible.

Paul F., Superego, and/or Proops would be absolutely amazing. Maybe even get lucky with Michael Nelson, Bill Corbett, and Kevin Murphy.

Paul F. Tompkins

Eddie Pepitone

Greg Proops... actually I am morbidly curious how anyone known from Whose Line (US or British incarnations! what's Mike McShane up to these days?) does in a long-form improv setting.

Edit: Eric the Formerly Paid Intern! You know you wanna.

The CBB (maybe CDR?) Proops did on here did not impress me. I remember PFT was on doing a character and Proops kept calling him Paul and saying stuff like "oh we're doing characters now?". I guess I'm saying Proops was kind of acting like an aloof dick?

edit - My apologies, I've just been informed by my uncle that the aloof dick act is Proops' bread and butter. So chalk that up to another great Proopsish performance!

Proops is one of the most quick-witted people on the planet; I'd love to hear him on I4H.

Greg Proops... actually I am morbidly curious how anyone known from Whose Line (US or British incarnations! what's Mike McShane up to these days?) does in a long-form improv setting.

I know that Ryan Stiles has a fair amount of experience with long-form improv. He's said that that's actually what he prefers to do at his own theater up in Washington (I'm not sure how much time he spends in LA these days). Say what you will about the trivial silliness of Whose Line style improv "games," that guy is undeniably talented.

Alex Berg

Ben Rodgers

Eddie Pepitone

Would love to see more NY UCB people on regular podcast if it were ever possible. Off top of my head:

Shannon O'Neil

Neil Casey

Anthony Atamanuik

Gavin Speiller

Will Hines

Kevin Hines

Jim Santangeli

Brandon Scott Jones

Abra Tabak

Don Fanelli

i went on this thread just to suggest g. proops, and am pleasantly surprised by how many others want him on too.

I think that the appeal of proops as a guest is that a lot of of us diehard i4h fans grew up watching 'whose line' reruns on comedy central. meanwhile, it's always a thrill to see folks known outside the ucb world try their hand at the harold. so seeing a whose line alum cross paths with besser & co. would be a real treat for many i4h fans. proops, as an active member in comedy podcast world w/ ties to earwolf, seems like a great fit.

and at the risk of getting beaten up, i'm just gonna say that it would be super cool to get ryan stiles or colin mochrie on too.

and at the risk of getting beaten up, i'm just gonna say that it would be super cool to get ryan stiles or colin mochrie on too.

Well, I've been rewatching Reno 911! and was delighted to find that Ryan Stiles appeared in one episode as an LA officer/acting coach visiting to help train the deputies to better carry out stings.

• Like 1

Matt talked about suggestions to improve the show, I hope this is the right thread.

1 Take improv suggestions from guests' opening stories.

You guys get into some really funny tangents in the intro and I wish you would explore some of those stories.

2 Celebrity guest.

When I met Matt Besser on the CBB tour I suggested that he could have on some non-UCB guests that may be inclined to improv. I said he should try to have on Greg Proops because I thought the different improv style backgrounds would make for a good dynamic. Matt didn't seem to receptive to the idea which I wasn't really offended by until I learned there is show at the UCB called "Snow pants" (I think) that will occasionally have non-improv people like J. J. Abrams on to improv with.

I'm not saying every episode should have a special guest but it is the traditional podcast layout and I think it would be interesting to see how the two worlds collide. It doesn't have to be every scene of the episode even, something to think about.

3 Bring back the dad letters.

I thought those were really interesting to have a look into the past like that to base an imrpov off. Maybe different relics from the past of the guests, I thought those were some of my favorite scenes.

I've been listening to The Bone Zone podcast lately, and those guys (Brendon Walsh, Davey Johnson, Randy Liedtke) seem like they can improv a scene pretty well without breaking. It'd be pretty cool to hear them on here, I think.