🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 35.5 — Minisode 35.5

It is time for yet another minisode. Are you ready to learn what your movie assignment for the week is? Well this week's movie is, drum roll please...........you didn't think I'd just TELL you, did you?

can't wait to watch formerly-closeted androginous heartthrob lance bass stalk the shit out of emmanuelle chriqui.

wait. no. i can ABSOLUTELY wait to see this movie. i can wait forever. no problem.

...but i can't wait to hear you guys tear this thing apart!

Still know every word to this song... which will be stuck in my head for the next forever

• Like 1

Does it really matter if a gay man portrays a hetero man in a movie? I mean, assuming we're talking about an actual actor?

Does it really matter if a gay man portrays a hetero man in a movie? I mean, assuming we're talking about an actual actor?

From what I interpreted, Paul wasn't implying that it necessarily matters (because gay men portraying hetero characters happens all the time), but that this movie was a vehicle for Lance Bass to become a hearthrob for girls everywhere, and the irony is that he was still in the closet at the time, and likely hated the experience because of that.

Shannon, that video literally made vomit chunks rise in my throat. Also, Mandy Moore's facial expressions while singing are redonk.

• Like 1

"It's embarrassing, everyone knows you as the guy that always chokes."

The audio from the trailer ALONE is a masterpiece of unintentional comedy!

Does this mean we could be getting a "From Justin to Kelly" episode in the future?

Damn this trailer was hard to listen to. All the WHOOSHES and record scratches and tire screeches. I can't begin to imagine how bad this one is going to be.....

..am I going to watch this one? I think I have to. I skipped out on Pluto Nash, and only watched half of Tiptoes.

• Like 1

The best place to find bad movies is Wallmart! Not the bad movie recommendation forum on this website?

What are we making suggestions for then. :S

The best place to find bad movies is Wallmart! Not the bad movie recommendation forum on this website?

What are we making suggestions for then. :S

For me. :) I've watched several of the movies suggested on that page hahaha.

• Like 1

I only had time to post the video this morning, but now I want to share with you guys all you need to know about this movie from a former 13 year old girl who owned it on VHS.

- They advertised the shit out of this movie on the Family channel (abcfamily now I believe) as the first ever *NSYNC movie, with a million behind the scenes special. The soundtrack had never before heard b-sides that were supposed to get us all riled up. But Justin and Chris are only in the weird ass end credit scene (see exhibit A) and JC wasn't in the movie AT ALL. Which was a HUGE problem seeing as most *NSYNCers were split on a Justin/JC level, which I believe is a big reason it tanked so hard. The fact that the band was only a year away from breaking up is very obvious in retrospect.

- SOUND EFFECTS. So many sound effects.

- This movie clearly had a R-rated script that was severely dumbed down for tweens. There's a lot of weird non-swearing. Lot's of "what the heck?" and "stuff" where "shit"s should be. And Lance's character was obviously supposed to be a virgin, because nearly EVERY scene with the friends they use the phrase, "never sealed the deal" or "can't close the deal"

- Everything in this movie SCREAMS year 2000. Lance wears the most awful suits ever.

- Al Green is in this film and serves as a main plot point. (Richie Sambora is also in it, but not as himself)

- The movie has a very drawn out, missed connection, "Serendipity" type plot that I found frustrating. I feel like I only watched this movie 2 or 3 times before selling it at a garage sale. (I only got it for Joey anyway...he was so funny to me then)

Overall, it's an extremely cheesy movie but it moves quickly so it isn't boring, you just roll your eyes a lot. I think it's definitely a step above From Justin to Kelly, if that means anything. I also think it might be fun to watch if you imagine that Lance's character is also in the closet, and this is a movie about a sad gay kid whose friends won't butt out of his life and trying to get him laid. Deep shit yo.

A) tumblr_ly27p9jwz91r47t7to8_400.gif

Checking the $5 bin at Walmart is one of my friend's favorite hobbies, though our local store only every seems to have two films in it... Lawnmower Man 2 and Short Circuit 2.

• Like 1

A) tumblr_ly27p9jwz91r47t7to8_400.gif

Does exhibit B feature the other guys as the construction worker, Indian, and...boat captain? Doorman? Plumber? Who WERE the other Village People?

I dunno - you guys may have made a mistake. This film features the acting talent of Sloane from Entourage...If she is only half as great in this one then she can probably make the whole thing very swell.

:):P:wub::ph34r::wacko:;)

Am I really going to punish my brain by force feeding it "on the line"?

yes

*edit

35:13 minutes into the movie best line so far

At a cubs game scene, lance bass's friend announces to the crowd that he is the man from the news paper. A woman then leans over and replies to lance "Oh, that's so romantic. I have a daughter". Quickly Joey Fatone asks the woman "Oh, yeah? Does she eat meat? and immediately takes a huge munch out of a hotdog!

Does exhibit B feature the other guys as the construction worker, Indian, and...boat captain? Doorman? Plumber? Who WERE the other Village People?

Village People would have been better... instead we have a "behind the scenes" look at the film's unbearably over the top stylists

Enjoy... or something.

I watched this.....

I....

watched this.....

• Like 1

I don't think it's that Lance and Joey are bad singers, just that they're not rock singers. At all. They're the antithesis of rock.

You guys should do this movie's counterpart Mr. Wrong some time.

Im having a hard time finding this movie. Amazon, Zune & Netflix don't have it.

Any suggestions on where to find it?

Im having a hard time finding this movie. Amazon, Zune & Netflix don't have it.

Any suggestions on where to find it?

There's a very low quality version on youtube, but it is indeed the whole movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYiei-iRWKg

I'll take what I can get since the podcast is tomorrow...thanks Shannon.

As a citizen of Oregon, I am appalled that my state was even mentioned in this movie!

This was just...the pits...as far as movies go!

Sign in to follow this