Episode 26 — Live from Bridgetown!

17 replies to this topic

#1 Earwolf Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

For the first ever LIVE improv4humans we've gathered up three of the "bad boys" of improv: Jon Glaser, Brett Gelman, and Joe Wengert. It gets tropical, biblical, sexual, and medical. So put on your favorite pair of sweats, cozy up in a coffin and enjoy!

#2 timidmisanthrope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

Based on the participants of this episode alone, I have a feeling it's going to be one of the most interesting to date.

#3 LA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'm so excited right now :rolleyes:

#4 wasinthehallway

cap n' crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Locationnew jersey

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

Instant classic this ep was fucking amazing I love live shows thanks soo much bloody mary anyone?

#5 jughead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Too much funny stuff during this one to mention. It was great to hear from Gelman again. I'm hoping to hear another episode of Gelmania some time soon.....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Isaac Kozell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

"And you're telling me you're not fucking Carol?"

Fantastic episode. Wish I could have seen this live. Is there video of the show anywhere?
Tweeting on the regular @IsaacKozell and Tumbling occasionally right here.

#7 DubipR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

"Pizza in my Asshole'".... definitely the catchphrase of 2012. I'd get a shirt of that one.

Fantastic episode. I like the idea of the live shows every now and then, but that's what Assscat is for. More Gelman! He freaking slays me.

#8 Pants Masterson

I last changed this title on October 10, 2013.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationBack... and to the left

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

"Bleh! Close the lid, asshole!" Fantastic.

An interesting thread on MetaFilter on the historic association between vampires and “Bleh”, if that's the sort of thing that might interest you.

#9 Kristopher Mills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:04 PM

Classic!

#10 joshg123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

Fantastic episode! I was really hoping to hear the live show. One of the best yet! Ice in vagina.. it all makes sense now..

#11 zonkedzonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

Definitely my favorite episode. I kind of wish every episode was live...

#12 Improv4Sam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

This was great. I wish I could have been one of the lucky audience members. The volume that the guests had to keep was rough on the ears, but at least I could hear them well enough to enjoy the improv, unlike some bad recordings on otherwise great live podcasts. More live shows would be welcome. If improv4humans can be a stage show, it's only fair that we get more recorded ASSSSSSCAT. Make it happen, Professor Besser! ;D

#13 sheeshkabob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

Great episode! Add me to the fan list of the live show format.
Brett Gelman was hysterically funny as usual: "I'm starting to lose my hard-on for Olive Garden."
I also loved how some of the more awkward, leftfield stories segued to great sketches: "So it sounds like you didn't understand what a puppet was?" and Volcano -> Hawaii -> Jamaica.
Plus, the continuing saga of John Glaser's perplexed girlfriend was highly amusing.
A big gold tooth, I live in the mouth of my homie.

#14 sarel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:40 AM

Love the live shows! I've never been to an ASSSSCAT or whatever it is called before nor do I really have the option of seeing one considering I live in Canada and no where near any improv theatres.

Also I have no chance to see Freak Dance because it's not playing anywhere near where I live! Sorry Matt Besser.

#15 thestray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

Jon Glaser is one of my favorite people of all time, it was great to hear him on the podcast. You've gotta get him on again some time in the future.
http://thestray.tumblr.com I make art n' shit. Also I design t-shirts http://www.designbyh...m/shop/thestray

#16 Evan Duke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

Glaser riding off on his moped killed me.

#17 Gus Borden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

I was lucky to get to see this show live in Portland. It was the highlight of the festival for sure. What might have been the most funny part of the show was the crowd's and panel's dread/exasperation/laughter when no one else had a story to tell from the suggestion and Gelman volunteered to tell a story, again. Great show.

#18 Chalkdust

Not just any nobody!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationIrvine, CA

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Revisiting this episode after the best-of... I love how they spun effortlessly off the "elevator/olivator" flub... "Welcome to Olive Garden in an elevator". Classic!
Tell Me About It
- - - - - - - - - - - -
@gregjhansen