🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 94 — Stalking An Old Nugget

Mad Men fans cannot miss this week's Sklarbro Country! Don Draper himself Jon Hamm is back on the calming shores to tell us how the Cardinals impacted the current season of Mad Men and joins us for the opening takes and Weekly Wahlberg. Plus we're reuniting Jon with his We Were Soldiers castmate Sam Elliott for a voice-over off! What would touchdown Jesus do? He'd listen to Sklarbro Country!

• Like 1

Great show this week! Always glad to hear Hamm on anything. The sexiness is evident even through pure audio.

Speaking of audio... Can we PLEASE stop the Sklarbitration themes? They were funny once, but they're too long and I don't need to hear the Marx Bros. named one by one or a bad Bob Seger impression anymore.

Another great episode.

No Plan B - also a "Thunder Down Under"-style all female revue comprised of strippers with unwanted pregnancies that will be carried to term.

I love the new format guys. Having the guests in early with your first takes is terrific. I think this was what the show was missing to push it ahead of the pack of other comedian based podcasts. Seriously, I dig it so much.

Absolutely agree with Lukas Holmes, I hope this trend continues. Great stuff.

Is it just me or did it kind of start in the middle of a conversation when Jon Hamm first came on? Is this an editing error or they just started recording while talking about something else?

Love the show guys, but I do have one minor quibble. When you make fun of the Denver Nuggets for not being on the court (in the playoffs) this time of year, you may have forgotten that the Nuggets have been in the playoffs this time of year or later for nine straight years. I know people for some reason think it's an easy joke to make fun of the Nuggets or Denver in general, but come on, you are supposed to be sports guys. But all in all, great show, Jon Hamm is a great guest.

• Like 2

Your talk of your lack of hatred for the Brewers interests me. I have a real interest in one-way rivalries, where fans of on team hate another team and the other team doesn't really care. I wish I could ask the fans of every team who their biggest rival is. I'm a casual follower of the Brewers, and I know their biggest rivals are St. Louis and the Cubs. The Cubs might be first, given that their fans frequently take over Miller Park when they come to town (understandable given that they can attend a game at Miller Park for much cheaper, and they don't have to pee in urinal troughs like they do in Wrigley).

As a Packer fan, I'm pretty sure that the Detroit Lions have a one-way rivalry with us. Detroit has had a history too pitiful for hatred.

• Like 1

That is a great observation DrPepper. Being in Denver, I can point out our Rockies have tried to get something going with the Giants a few times...but in the end we just lose and no one cares. I just depressed myself.

Speaking of being depressed, I am die-hard fan of both the last place twins and the last place cubs. Those teams have immense blood-shedding rivalries with other teams that I hate with a passion, of course all of those teams now regularly beat them......handily. BUT tying in with this episode, while this last world series was an amazing one, probably the best of the last decade, it has nothing, NOTHING I SAY, on the 1991 world series between the Twins and the Braves.(Speaking of rivalry) You may call bias, but its all there. Especially game 7.

• Like 1

Confession: Jon Hamm's feelings on Phillies fans hurt my heart a little bit. I guess I shouldn't take all Philly feedback so personally. I mean I haven't purposefully vomited on anyone at a game... yet...

• Like 1

Confession: Jon Hamm's feelings on Phillies fans hurt my heart a little bit. I guess I shouldn't take all Philly feedback so personally. I mean I haven't purposefully vomited on anyone at a game... yet...

But the potential is there...so we rightfully fear you. I went to a Cowboys game on Christmas day three years ago in Dallas, against the Eagles. I was in the bathroom with maybe 20 other people. Of those, 19 were Cowboys fans and 1 was an Eagles fan. As soon as he walked in, all of the Cowboys fans got quiet. Beacuse the potential was there.

I wholeheartedly endorse Mr. Hamm's Philly hate. Philadelphia fans (this includes Eagles fans) are pretty much the worst, rivaled only by the irredeemable grossness of Raiders fans.

As an Orioles fan, I know the pain of a one-sided rivalry. Up until this year, every time Baltimore played the Yankees or the Red Sox, we RAGED and hoped to defeat our hated "rivals," but those two teams probably couldn't give a shit. The O's haven't had a winning record since Montgomery Burns was young and virile, a timespan that has allowed for multiple World Series wins for other AL East teams.

Finally, getting Jon Hamm to endorse Stamps.com better get some extra cash for the Sklarbros. An epic, and entertaining, "get" for both internet endorsements and podcasting. In any case, a great episode!

Hi, fan of the show. This was another good one. RIP MCA! thanks for all those thoughts and playing great tracks.

I wanted to know one of the "Bros" mentioned a postseason 6-4 homerun from a player dubbed "NC-17". Who are you referencing? Albert PuJols?? Thank you

Hi, fan of the show. This was another good one. RIP MCA! thanks for all those thoughts and playing great tracks.

I wanted to know one of the "Bros" mentioned a postseason 6-4 homerun from a player dubbed "NC-17". Who are you referencing? Albert PuJols?? Thank you

Nelson Cruz #17, former Rangers right fielder

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this