🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 76 — Summah Preview 2012

If you listen to this episode in anything other than swim trunks and sunglasses, you're doing it wrong! We've got a not-bummah guest with Janet Varney who is helping Wie and Ku with a summah appetizer platter of the Top Summah Team-Up Tours and Most Anticipated Summah Flicks. Before we head out into the summah sunset, we stop by the roulette wheel to get some Judy Moody behind-the-scenes. This episode is best enjoyed with a tall glass of ice cold lemonade!

Alright, very cool! I'm downloading this episode right now. I'm sure it will be good, but fair warning: I expect The Legend of Korra to at least get a mention. That show is awesome, and a great follow up to Avatar: The Last Airbender.

UPDATE! Korra is mentioned at 3:14. There it is.

P.S. RE: 2012 Chart Themes— I think they're great. They're a different feel than the '11 chart themes, and that's a really good thing! I wanted to mention this because I never weighed in before, and to be honest, I was reserving judgement for a very good long while. But they work great! Kulap's chart theme was an early favorite pretty much unanimously, but they're all quality— especially Howard's theme. The more I listen to it, the more I love it! It's a real slow burn. Every time I've listened to it I hear something new and get into the groove more and more. It somehow snowballs in its endearing-ness as the weeks and charts come and go.

• Like 1

My initial assumption when she said that the JV Club was ladies-only was that it stood for Just Vaginas but then I remembered her initials.

• Like 4

Good summah vibe on this one! I like how Janet occasionally played the straight woman to Howard's usual left-field wonderfulness. And props to Howard for always taking things in stride, like a true summah champion.

Aww, Howard, you don't have to feel like you need to talk over your chart themes. We love 'em!

• Like 1

I really hope Mrs. Moody and Howie make it to that movie together

• Like 5

Great episode, and I certainly hope that for the special launch of the album episode brings back PFT , the perfect summer guest. Also Kulap in short shorts!

• Like 1

Janet Varney is insuperable, and I always feel like a dummy when I hear her speak so limpidly and lovely...ly and most of all funnily

going to try and top all of my summahs this year, no pressure, just high expectations (the high should be in quotes)

there was something about this episode that was just perfect such a good listen!

I really hope Howard follows through on his promise to see 10 movies this summer. It's exciting to be here, now, with all that potential Howard P.O.V. ahead of us. Weee!

Kinda disappointed that Howard is going to be seeing so many movies this summer. It is always so much better to hear what Howard thinks the movies are about with no context whatsoever. His versions are much, much more entertaining.

Wonderful episode, but it left me wondering... when is the Portland live show going to drop? Eh???

Janet is the greatest and I wish we were besties. Her podcast is awesome!

Did anyone else notice that Wie was able to flawlessly pronounce "banana shack"? Hrmmmm....

Sign in to follow this