🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CarolineEAnd

Episode 95 - Bench an Engineer

You are in for a treat today! Rich Eisen is here and he is as great a candidate for Sklarbro citizenship as you’d imagine! He tells us about his experiences doing stand-up in college. He talks about the early days of Sports Center. He predicts the future of Tim Tebow. He laments the poor decisions of Michael Bolton. He’s more multi-talented than a juggling triathlete, and you guys will love hearing all about his fascinating life. Plus, you love Weekly Wahlberg, so why not invite Mark to sit down with us for an extended look at his brother, his burgers, and his biceps. Tune into United Stats of America on the History Channel, and GO BLUE!

Maybe Mark can get Tyrese and Andre 3000 to invest. They can call the restaurant Four Brothers.

Excellent episode. Rich Eisen was a perfect guest for this show, could really feel the enthusiasm for the subject matter all around the table. Was thankful for the full 90+ minutes, great way to start the weekend.

What a fantastic episode. So neat to hear Rich Eisen in the Earwolf studios! Try and tell me he wouldn't be game for an episode of CBB, I guarantee he'd hop right in to the nutiness.

I also love Rich's shirt and I want to buy it.

Rich Eisen was a great guest! And, of course, I cannot get enough Wahlberg!

I first got pulled into Sklarbro Country (and Earwolf) from hearing the brothers on Jim Rome's show. So any chance to hear real sports talk is just wonderful. I would love to see them getting some more sports figures in, as I just feel like no one else is, or can do this like Randy & Jason. Great episode guys.

• Like 1

One of youze got "Tabula rasa"'d by Eisen, who had noted a distinct Sklar "tabula Rosa" early in the 'view, and stuck the correct "booyaa" version it in a couple of times. Cold!

Great podcasts, even this one with a dude who has a modicum of talent, then wastes it in being a mouthpiece for Roger Goodell.

Get the ESPN biographers in, James Miller - you know that would be the best Sklarboro ever...

Having the guests on during the takes has been fine, and the past few episodes haven't really suffered from it, but personally my vote is for leaving the guests out of the takes. To me, the show flows better with a segment with just the Sklars up top. The takes contain a lot of prepared material, and guests not used to the format can end up stepping on jokes and lessening their impact. Also, it just flows a little weird for me to have an in-depth interview breaking up a whole show of basically quick hits. But obviously it might just sound weird cause I'm not used to it, and ultimately what will make the show better is for the Sklars to do whatever makes them most comfortable. Sorry to be all serious about a sports comedy show.

I love letting the guests in on the takes. I always thought it kind of strange knowing the guest was just sitting there, waiting for his or her turn to talk, then being asked to give their "Take on the Takes." This gets especially strange if the thing the guest most wanted to comment on was an aspect talked about early in the first take, which means the guest would have to take notes on what he or she wanted to say, then have to jog everybody's memory back to before the two WACKY sports stories were wrapped up. It... just seems more economical this way.

While we're talking about format, I really, really miss emails being read on the show. I think they were my favorite segment because it was the most direct interaction between the Skalrs and the fans of the show. So many of the emails were hilarious in themselves, so it was great to hear the brothers riff on already-good material.

• Like 1

Die hard OSU fan here and sklarbro fan of course. You guys did a good job of not alienating the OSU fans. Can't say I agree with Eisen's theory that Hoke will coach much longer than Meyer? Anyways, enjoyed how Rich opened up about his ESPN experience and how it has all changed today. The quick hits with the guests are fantastic. Keep doing that!

I do like when guests familiar with the format put in their two cents on the takes up top. However, I do agree that it can also take away when guests who are not familiar with the format step on the jokes of the brothers Sklar. I do miss some of the truly hilarious fan emails, but do not miss the puns that are so clearly forced in some of the email openers.

Rough. Eisen stepped all over the Sklars and they could hardly get a word in when it was obvious they were going to make a joke on a topic. Once or twice I would think was just whatever but it actually got worse as the episode went on. Hard to get into, no riffs, no Bruce Valanches, and I blame Eisen because he never let Randy & Jason get into a groove. This was a blip on the radar though because they’ve been able to be hilarious with every other guest on the show.

Sign in to follow this