🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 96 — Hotzi

Grab your prom champagne flukes, folks! This episode is otter nonsense! We've got How Did This Get Made host and The Dictator star Jason Mantzoukas sharing what it was like to improvise with Sacha Baron Cohen and hug Gandhi (Sir Ben Kingsley). We've also have a holy fantasy report from Jesse Thorn, with his roundup of Fantasy Deities. So if you're a British lady hurdler or a fan of Al Jazeera's lacrosse coverage you're gonna wanna check this episode out.  Hotzi. Hit that!

My money's on the deity with the signature flute and gargantuan phallus!

I could not be happier to wake up this morning and see that Jason is on the show! You guys have been knocking it out lately!

For real I would play the hades out of a polytheistic fantasy league. My only question is which gods qualify- I'm scouting and Rob McKenna rain god and Eric Claption.

Nice! Name-dropped REO Speedwagon in the first 6 minutes. My dad was in that band for 20 years (during the glory days), and just last week I sent him a link to your podcast, since I think he'll like it (he loves sports, music, and funny radio shows).

• Like 2

The SECOND that "obscure Journey song" was mentioned, I KNEW it would be "Why Can't This Night Go On Forever." Excellent, horrible ballad from the Raised on Radio album (1986). Nice work, Sklars!

Not trying to convert anyone or start a holy war, but remember when it comes to drafting for your fantasy teams, loyalty always kills.

Don't be like me.

Because next thing you know Clay Buccholz forgets how to pitch or Jesus ain't giving you stolen bases.....

TWICE A WEEK!! AMAZING!! But more amazing, what about that dude who has a dad that was in REO Speedwagon???

• Like 1

Finally caught United Stats of America.

It's the best show that the History Channel has had in many years.

And Man-zooks on the podcast? Bonus!

I really hope that Popeye scene finds its way onto the DVD for The Dictator, just hearing about it cracked me up.

I heard Rason and Jandy on the Madeliene Brand Show this week (KPCC represent!), and I was hoping they'd get to spend some time here talking about the CBC's 'alternate feed' for hockey games, as it sounded like a rich vein of comedy gold just waiting to be mined.

Maybe when we visit the County? Super-excited about that, by the way.

Great episode, one of my recent favorites.

Really enjoyed the interview with Jason and will most definitely check out the Dictator now.

Can we get some more Tiger Woods soon? I listen at work and have been catching up on back podcasts and any Tiger appearance results in me stifling laughter to the bewilderment of my coworkers.

#sklones

Can we get some more Tiger Woods soon? I listen at work and have been catching up on back podcasts and any Tiger appearance results in me stifling laughter to the bewilderment of my coworkers.

#sklones

Saw your link, bought your songs. Good stuff.

Thanks Lukas, very much appreciated.

Glad you are enjoying the songs.

It's the best show that the History Channel has had in many years.

This is true. Also, the Deity Draft was by far my favorite thing Jesse Thorn has done on the show. So funny. I loved the Mantzoukas interview as well.

And finally, the best thing about this episode is, obviously, the prospect of MORE SKLARS. Nice.

Sign in to follow this