Episode 29 — No Joking Around!
Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:01 PM
Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:31 AM
NOW WE CANT EVEN TALK ABOUT DANCE
Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:45 AM
Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:03 AM
Another reason why the media dislikes Vince Carter is probably that he got tagged as 'the next Michael Jordan' even before he stepped on an NBA court and guess what - he wasn't the next Michael Jordan. I suppose the media might feel some resentment that he 'didn't live up to his potential' and 'let them down.'
Anyway, these are a bunch of words about Vince Carter. I hope you enjoy them earwolf comedy fans.
Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:46 AM
Listening to this in the office I screamed, "It's Veronica!" which will probably lead to some juicy water cooler talk about Yours Truly.
Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:23 AM
Not for Loki? Whatever do you mean? Loki does not like not being included in things...
The Avengers sketch was all kinds of amazing, "Uh let's see Black Widow's a bitch. Uh, her outfit shows deep insecurities. And uh, I'm Abraham Lincoln." Oh and I feel like that lost ear kid had relatives in Florida that heard the story and mailed him the shirt out of hilariousness, otherwise that really is an incredible coincidence. I loved that no one could remember the name of the bar and stub grill stump bar.
Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:20 PM
Then he had his "retirement" (which everyone knows was basically the league punishing him for the gambling), which I think humbled him. He came back a very changed player, who was more focused on working as a team. It made the Bulls champions, and it actually led him to play better too, because now he was working as a team which gave him better opportunities to score points.
Just an example. I don't follow basketball enough these days to know if it applies in this situation, but it came to mind as I was listening to the podcast.
Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:45 PM
This was a fantastic show! Also, please invite and convince Amy Poehler to be on the podcast! If she comes, you can bring along Matt Walsh, Ian Roberts, and have the first Upright Citizens Brigade episode!
That is three exclamation points in one post!
Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:48 PM
- Melo is a great scorer, but just can't play in a system for some reason. George Karl wanted him to be better and challenged him, so he jumped ship and went to the Knicks.
- Stoudemire is overrated, I agree with that.
- Deron Williams totally ousted Sloan from Utah, and then bolted for Jersey.
- Iverson was never a spectacular team player, but he played with such heart and determination that you have to respect him even if you didn't like him. Plus, the 'practice' press conference is legendary.
- Vince Carter just never had the killer instinct. He supposedly stopped trying a few different times in his career, didn't give it his all to be the best, and totally looked lost without his athleticism when he was with Phoenix last year. (Looks better with Dallas though). He was a great talent, but was just never meant to be the greatest.
- Adam McKay's Reggie Theus pull made me laugh. You can tell he's an NBA fan.
I loved the Anthony/Ruffalo improv. Plus, it just blew my mind that not only is the show improv for humans, but also that it is the improv of four humans.
Newest episode: Applied Nostalgia - 105 - Ready Or Not
Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:29 AM
I loved the principal one, though!
Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:37 PM
The menu thing was great. I loved how as we were hearing all these horrible, grisly things described, we also kept hearing little tangents about how great the various menu items were.
P.S. I created a topic in response to the remarks Matt made in this show about strong negative reactions he often gets to religion-related remarks. I thought it might be too big of a tangent for this episode's discussion, and anyway it seems to be an ongoing thing that he wanted to address. So I gave it its own topic here:
Edited by Kevin Irmiter, 01 June 2012 - 02:12 PM.
Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:26 AM
Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:45 AM
My only complaint is that I had to skip the first part where they talked about The Avengers, I haven't seen it and I didn't want any spoilers.
I don't even drink much soda but I'm going to buy some Pepsi next
Anyways I fucking love this podcast and as usual I listened as soon as it was on the Earwolf app.
Thanks again Matt for providing this excellent source of entertainment.