🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 30 — Toast Points

Let's not make this about "vs.". I had Neclord on to talk about Capt. Spike from Start Trek being a cyborg or not. It was a civil discussion was it not, Neclord?

It was a very civil debate, but then again Star Trek doesn't really inflame passions like water catchments do.

• Like 5

By the way I heard Romney is anti-catchment, so I guess that means the catchment vote will swing Obama's way! The debates should be intense.

"Catchment" by itself usually means the water not the tank or barrel itself, it just hits the ear wrong, Besser was fine though I guess. Koechner is still wrong though.

Keyword: usually, haha. It would be hilarious to have vg skype in to talk about catchments.

Yeah, I'll Skype in to try to match wits with a career improviser and 3 of his merciless friends. Hopefully you'll come away with a new found respect for rain water catchment systems after this.

• Like 3

Sorry Matt!

"Vs" was a bit strong as I don't think anyone should be punched in the face during the course of this conversation. I do find the premise of having a scheduled debate about the word catchment and its usage hilarious. I'm also glad that vg is a good sport so that we can all enjoy some improv on the debate! Next time I'll try to make sure my hyperbolic language ends up in a catchment somewhere else...

I love that Matt Besser is the only on-air personality from Earwolf that actually interacts (steadily) with us on the boards.

And anarchists...who don't, as a rule, want to Tear Everything Down, so much as want to rid society of hierarchies. Governments too often being precisely Not about people taking care of each other, except in the most sinister sense of that phrase. The anarchists in Catalonia/Barcelona in Spain during the Civil War were able to withstand attacks from without (from the Carlists, Fascists, and lent-out Nazi bombers) and within (from the Communists) for about three years, not by tearing everything down, but because they were so much part of the society that they were propping up. (The Stalinists were so nasty that even the Troskyists such as George Orwell threw in with the anarchists...not a typical result.) This might not have much relevance to a guy with a bandana over his face throwing a rock at a fast-food restaurant or an international bank, but he might have hope to eventually fight such a Good Fight...or just want to [copulate][excrement] up. You usually have to chat with them. Might or might not be worth it.

Indeed. Anarchy does not mean chaos but rather the absence of hierarchies.

And:

481222_3688872374149_2091457115_n.jpg

Great Show!

I really enjoy that both on here and the Maximum Fun messages, people will sign up for an account and on their very first post write a vitriolic diatribe about how they are deeply upset about something they heard on a free audio podcast.

This show is on such a roll. Just when I thought nothing could top the Adam McKay episode, this one comes out and blows my mind. Easily the most consistently creative podcast on the internet.

• Like 2

and the rocks...