🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 30 — Toast Points

After a night of loud love making, it's nice to wake up, enjoy some toast points, and listen to a new improv4humans. That's only if there's no fear of a Nazi invasion, of course. This week we have Scott Aukerman, David Koechner, Will Forte, and Danielle Schneider joining us, all of whom will appear on this season of Comedy Bang! Bang! on IFC, premiering Friday, June 8. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

Another great episode of ImprovXHumans! It's the rainbarrel of Earwolf.

"Guys, do you hear thunder? ... Okay, I just wanted to point that out. Anytime I hear thunder, I like to point it out."

Scott Aukerman, master improviser!

• Like 2

I love Aukerman's awkward improvisations, like questioning Danielle on the fact that wearing a Nazi uniform contradicts the fact that she was the one telling them the nazi's were coming. Most improvisers probably wouldn't bother to question that and would just ignore it, but Scott makes them explain in ultra-specific detail.

• Like 3

I think that Kafka line was probably spoken by a character to indicate the kind of thinking that can lead to nightmarish bureaucracy and despotism, rather than an actual piece of wisdom. Great ep tho, sorry for being a prig.

Scott's story about the concert is so disturbing as is David's rapist character. Five stars. This was an awesome ep. Everyone needs to come back again.

Great episode. I can't wait for CBBTV. I've watched the episode on IFC three times already.

I'd really like to hear more Koechner on Earwolf/improv4humans, he's awesome. As long as I'm making requests, how about trying to get Scott Adsit on if he's ever in LA?

That last scene was so annoying. Catchment is collected rainwater or the collection of rainwater, when Besser said "We're in a catchment," that didn't make any sense, Koechner even said that catchment, "Is not a thing." When ignorance and over confidence collide, it's like listening to nails on a chalkboard. For example, I'm sure Besser would be annoyed if someone improvised a scene based on an unironic assertion that the persecution of atheists is not a thing, since he seems to think that's a thing. They pulled it out in the end though, by constructing a human perpetual pee fountain.

^ Catchment is a noun, something that collects water. So you can be inside of one. For example, a barrel large enough to hold 5 people.

• Like 1

^ Catchment is a noun, something that collects water. So you can be inside of one. For example, a barrel large enough to hold 5 people.

"Catchment" by itself usually means the water not the tank or barrel itself, it just hits the ear wrong, Besser was fine though I guess. Koechner is still wrong though.

That last scene was so annoying. Catchment is collected rainwater or the collection of rainwater, when Besser said "We're in a catchment," that didn't make any sense, Koechner even said that catchment, "Is not a thing." When ignorance and over confidence collide, it's like listening to nails on a chalkboard. For example, I'm sure Besser would be annoyed if someone improvised a scene based on an unironic assertion that the persecution of atheists is not a thing, since he seems to think that's a thing. They pulled it out in the end though, by constructing a human perpetual pee fountain.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you will be talked about on a future podcast.

• Like 2

I'm going to hazard a guess that you will be talked about on a future podcast.

Hahaha yes. FYI to any and all commenters and future commenters on the Improv4Humans boards, if you write a complaint about something on the show, Matt Besser will call you out and ask you to defend your position on a future episode.

I really want to hear catchment guy get angry about catchments on the show.

Hahaha yes. FYI to any and all commenters and future commenters on the Improv4Humans boards, if you write a complaint about something on the show, Matt Besser will call you out and ask you to defend your position on a future episode.

In that case...

I hate improv4humans. Seriously, it's called improv FOUR humans and yet for the past TWO WEEKS there have been THREE and FIVE humans. I like the show otherwise, but come on Matt, false advertising? I would expect better.

Atheism and Catchments. The two most controversial, hot-button topics in the world today.

• Like 2

And anarchists...who don't, as a rule, want to Tear Everything Down, so much as want to rid society of hierarchies. Governments too often being precisely Not about people taking care of each other, except in the most sinister sense of that phrase. The anarchists in Catalonia/Barcelona in Spain during the Civil War were able to withstand attacks from without (from the Carlists, Fascists, and lent-out Nazi bombers) and within (from the Communists) for about three years, not by tearing everything down, but because they were so much part of the society that they were propping up. (The Stalinists were so nasty that even the Troskyists such as George Orwell threw in with the anarchists...not a typical result.) This might not have much relevance to a guy with a bandana over his face throwing a rock at a fast-food restaurant or an international bank, but he might have hope to eventually fight such a Good Fight...or just want to [copulate][excrement] up. You usually have to chat with them. Might or might not be worth it.

And had I not had one of my own hot buttons hit the other week (on a really bad day for me), I wouldn't've had the invitation extended, or at least I wouldn't've have complained and had that invitation extended as a result (and had I thought I could add anything to a coversation about what's more cruel/supercilious than funny that Besser and company hadn't presumably had to think about themselves over the years, I would've accepted).

• Like 2

vg

"Catchment" by itself usually means the water not the tank or barrel itself, it just hits the ear wrong, Besser was fine though I guess. Koechner is still wrong though.

vgfitzger, we need to get deeper into this. Want to skype into the show on June 20 around 10:30am PST?

If any improv4humans listener is HONESTLY offended. put-off, or strongly disagrees, in any way, then I'd love to give them a chance to express their opinion on a platform where I can respond, and improvise off that...

Eric the Paid Intern will hook vgfitzger up, right Eric?

• Like 8

I love that the guy is upset about fucking CATCHMENTS but still thinks a perpetual pee fountain is funny. How do the personality traits to like catchments and pee fountain humor end up in the same person? It's insane (this guy's taint)!

Please do the podcast, comment poster.

• Like 1

"That's slutty" This show is gold.

vg vs. Besser! Please let us enjoy the conversation via a skype into the podcast?

Double Prrrease?