🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Henry

Just saw the first IFC episode

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to enjoy anything quite like I enjoyed Andy Daly in that tank top. Great show.

"I'm a Coke guy."

• Like 1

I loved it. It really reminds me of an updated Fernwood 2night which was a fantastic show. I thought everything about the new show was great. I really like the relationship between Scott & Reggie on the show and I like Reggie's interactions and remarks to guest statements. Just a little off and hilarious. It also killed me that everytime they would return from a commercial break Andy Daly would still be blabbering to Zach abouth batteries. Tom Lennon was amazing and Will Forte cracked me up when he kept asking for a medal. Great show and I wouldn't change a thing!

• Like 1

Good call, Fernwood 2nite was amazing. Scott should have Martin Mull and Fred Willard (and Happy Kine!) on CBB.

i've never seen fernwood 2 night but i love mary hartman. gotta check this out.

The good: Scott racing home to see the end credits, Andy's "life of the party" character admitting to--in the panic of the moment--putting old batteries in with the new batteries, everything Will Forte's character said and did, Reggie looking at Scott while singing his song about him, and Zach hopping over the back of the couch.

The OK: Tsk-tsk/attaboy, the imaginary gun battle, apocalypse car meter, and the French wino.

The not funny or clever in any way: Imagine that dog. (The part idiots will think was the funniest.)

Oh, I love the show!

The funniest part was "we'll be right bark".

The part that was just OK was "we'll be right bark".

The part that was not funny at all was "we'll be right bark".

The part that was all of the above was "we'll be right bark".

The part that was none of the above was "chinese baby".

I noticed that Andy Daly is, without explanation, holding a harmonica in one of the scenes in the show. I think I remember a harmonica kind of used on "9 Sweaters". Makes me already excited for the (hopefully) deleted/extended scenes on the (another hopefully) Comedy Bang! Bang! dvd!

• Like 1

@ LemonDropKid... That's a freakin' great idea! I would pay money to see that happen.

@Skrilley... I forgot about Zach jumping over the couch. That was hilarious. I especially liked how when the camera came back on Scott was sitting there bored and Zach was looking at a book. The complete opposite of what you are used to seeing and I thought it was genius.

Of course I loved it. To me it was just silliness all around and I really like it fucks with the talk show genre. I love it when bits are established and then quickly thrown out, see the fact that Scott's car was blown up (with the beautiful and talented Gillian Jacobs) and then a few minutes later he walks outside to it completely intact and the whole bit premise gone.

I also love it when shows play things straight. Tom Lennon as the show's sommelier (why would a TV show have that?!) was hilarious because everyone just acted as if it were supposed to be that way. It kind of reminds me of early Conan.

Sign in to follow this