THE OTHER SISTER. seriously, guys - the. other. sister.

full retard juliette lewis giovanni ribisi tom skerritt diane keaton juliette lewis giovani ribisi mentally challenged love diane keaton tom skerritt

17 replies to this topic

#1 copy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

can't believe this hasn't been done yet, it just might be the ultimate 'how did this get made?' movie.

juliette lewis and giovanni ribisi play the roles of their lifetimes: retarded star crossed lovers. diane keaton is juliette's stern mother (but will she learn a life lesson signified by an end of movie wardrobe change from all black to bright red?) and tom skerritt is her mustachio'd dad. i watched this movie before discovering this podcast - my girlfriend and i literally could not stop asking each other "how the fuck did this movie get made?!". it's a clear case of collective insanity. truly unbelievable. i'm about to watch tiptoes, and i kind imagine it's sort of a 'tiptoes but for retarded people instead of midgets'.

watch this movie - it defies all reason.

#2 TimThompson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

Sounds good. Im going to need to check this out.

Im thinking there might be some bad dialogue, which Im a fan of.

#3 copy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

i highly recommend it. tons of bad dialogue, and lewis and ribisi going full retard is awe inspiringly tasteless and amazing.

#4 PlanBFromOuterSpace

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • LocationEvans City, PA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

For some reason, when I saw "The Other Sister", I thought of the movie from a couple years back called "My Sister's Keeper", where Cameron Diaz and her husband have a kid so that they can use it as an organ farm for their older child that has cancer or something. Hmmmm, the two might be a pretty awesome mash-up. For good measure, you could throw in that movie where Rosie O'Donnell plays a retarded woman, and you'd have "Riding The Bus With My Other Sister's Keeper"!
Leonard Part 6: A Film Without Equel

#5 Wien

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Locationaustin, tx

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Holy smokes. This one is on my list now.
THIS CONCLAVE IS OVER!!!!!!

#6 jason trent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

THIS. This so much. Saw this on a date. Things did not go well.

#7 Shannon

• Administrators
  • 950 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

CONFESSION: I saw this movie when I was in middle school and I'd never seen Juliette Lewis in anything before and really believed she was handicapped.

Then I saw her on an episode of I Love the 80s and my brain exploded.

#8 douglasisdumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationtwitter.com/@douglasisdumb

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

Posted Image
THIS MOVIE HAS TO BE DONE ON THE PODCAST!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!? THE FACT THAT JASON HASN'T HAD A CHANCE TO COMMENT ON THIS FILM IS BANANAS!!! DO THIS ONE PLEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!! TWO NORMIES HORRENDOUSLY PROTRAYING MENTALLY CHALLENGED YOUNG ADULTS... IT'S CHAOS!

imdb synopsis: A mentally retarded girl proves herself to be every bit as capable as her "perfect" sister when she moves into an apartment and begins going to college.

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

#9 douglasisdumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostTimThompson, on 10 June 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Sounds good. Im going to need to check this out.

Im thinking there might be some bad dialogue, which Im a fan of.

You have no idea... This film's dialogue, is "Tiptoes" bad.

#10 douglasisdumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

View Postcopy, on 10 June 2012 - 02:04 PM, said:

can't believe this hasn't been done yet, it just might be the ultimate 'how did this get made?' movie.

juliette lewis and giovanni ribisi play the roles of their lifetimes: retarded star crossed lovers. diane keaton is juliette's stern mother (but will she learn a life lesson signified by an end of movie wardrobe change from all black to bright red?) and tom skerritt is her mustachio'd dad. i watched this movie before discovering this podcast - my girlfriend and i literally could not stop asking each other "how the fuck did this movie get made?!". it's a clear case of collective insanity. truly unbelievable. i'm about to watch tiptoes, and i kind imagine it's sort of a 'tiptoes but for retarded people instead of midgets'.

watch this movie - it defies all reason.

when HDTGM first started, and announced the email for fans to submit to, i sent this movie in as a suggestion. It's always been my WTF movie. So when i heard about the forums on the mini-ep today, I was elated, and had to get it up on here. I'm just glad i'm not alone.

This movie is fucking BONKERS! When they go to the dance dressed as a swan and dog.... I almost lost my mind the first time I saw it.

#11 Rivalcycle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Ive forever attached this movie to a shitty ex gf.

All the more reason, am I right?

#12 sillstaw

DiscoHoff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

One of the things that creeps me out about this movie is that both of the handicapped characters are played by Scientologists. To me, that's like hiring Mel Gibson to play a champion for civil rights.

#13 Ghost of HST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSaigon, Q1

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostRivalcycle, on 08 May 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Ive forever attached this movie to a shitty ex gf.

All the more reason, am I right?

Time to exorcise the demons, bro.
“I thought it was ridiculous that a grown man, an educated man — by all accounts who went to Harvard — would enjoy the band Phish..."

#14 RIP Spirit Bear

\\\ ^[o.o]^ ///

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

View Postsillstaw, on 08 May 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

One of the things that creeps me out about this movie is that both of the handicapped characters are played by Scientologists. To me, that's like hiring Mel Gibson to play a champion for civil rights.

Best comment ever

#15 Quasar Sniffer

Elitist Prick

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

View Postsillstaw, on 08 May 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

Let's get a Kickstarter going to get Mel Gibson to play, I dunno, Thurgood Marshall just so we can have such a movie to discuss on an episode of this podcast.

#16 seanotron

The Gifmaster General

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Mel Gibson is Al Jolsen in The Jazz Singer!

#17 Snake Lee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

I am so terrible at photoshop, I was trying to get Gibson's face over Brody's on the cover of the Pianist, but Brody's face is faded on it and I can't make it look right

#18 douglasisdumb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:18 PM

I WILL NEVER STOP CAMPAIGNING FOR THE OTHER SISTER!!! HOW DID EITHER OF THOSE TWO THINK IT'D BE A GOOD IDEA TO PORTRAY TO MENTALLY CHALLENGED PEOPLE, LET ALONE HAVE THEM FUCK, AND IT BE SO ACCEPTED AS A SERIOUS FILM!?!?!? i need facts and answers from Paul's fact checking, and i need opinions from the Zuk's and Ms. Raphael... please????