🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 162 — Best Bro Hang

The bros are back in town! Andy Samberg, whose film That's My Boy opens this weekend, and Scott's weed dealer Bro have reunited, and this time they have a good rapport (unless you were to ask Bro about it). The boys talk Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, Bro's paradise, and Woody Allen. Plus the debut of a new feature, "Bobby Moynihan Talk." This is a good week to be a bro!

Sweet! I've missed bro, can't wait to listen. I have to finish editing my podcast first, but this shall be my reward. I fucking loved the show. I hope that it's successful, because it's fucking hilarious (seriously, it almost ruined my brain so get off my back Louis) and you deserve it.

This latest appearance only furthers my view of Adam Pally/Bro as a strange comedy enigma. I don't really enjoy his unwillingness to play along with any of the show's regular stuff (as it's hard to tell how much is genuine versus being bad improv character work), but I totally enjoy Scott and Andy calling him out on it every time it happens.

Andy was great as always and I am totally on board with the idea of Scott and him moving to Telluride to live together in a cabin. As long as they podcast their experience constantly while doing so.

I hope Bro comes back. Awkwardly awesome show.

Scott, your Improv4humans (5humans?) appearance was hilarious. Love that podcast!

Congrats to Earwolf on the IFC show!

not sure why people are saying this one was weird i fucking loved it great cast broooo protocol

• Like 1

I brought my safety goggles cause Scott + Andy = serious chemistry

• Like 3

I'll never watch a Woody Allen movie the same way again.

This latest appearance only furthers my view of Adam Pally/Bro as a strange comedy enigma. I don't really enjoy his unwillingness to play along with any of the show's regular stuff (as it's hard to tell how much is genuine versus being bad improv character work), but I totally enjoy Scott and Andy calling him out on it every time it happens.

Yeah, this episode was odd. It seems like "Bro" stopped being "Bro" at a certain point and slipped back into being Adam Pally. I feel like "Bro" was a little more committed to the character of "Bro" the first time he made an appearance as "Bro". Are you starting to get annoyed by the repetition of the word "Bro" in quote marks? Cuz I'm starting to get annoyed at myself for doing it, bro.

The thing is, Pally really showed he can commit to a character in Episode 123, with Amy Poehler. He even freestyle-rapped in the voice of David Fine, which was kinda amazing.

Despite the guests' brazen ignorance of (goats?) protocol regarding the timing of plugs and voting in WYR, I liked the episode a lot.

If Andy wants to become Comedian of Hollywood, he should get in touch with Chip Gardner and propose a joint ticket.

• Like 4

All future Earwolf donations should be made through PayPally.

• Like 3

My favorite lyrics to the Would You Rather? theme song used to be "Shut the fuck up, we're listening to the Would You Rather? theme" but I sincerely hope Bobby Moynihan Talk keeps going.

I actually loved how early Adam Pally was called out on his character so he was gradually able to joke in his own voice, just using Bro when something called for it.

Great episode, but I was kinda sad for Scott when Would You Rather? completely fell apart. I'm sure he'll be fine.

HAhahahaha the idea that Scott texted Bro saying "Adam's here, come burst in and ruin it" raises so many questions on Comedy Bang Bang's "open door policy".

• Like 3

Oh man, I would kill for an entire episode with Samberg as Nic Cage. That impression screams out for some crazy CBB-style improvised backstory a la Tompkins/Daly/Adomian's characters.

Crazy that it's been almost a year since the last Andy/Bro episode, really doesn't feel that long ago..

And Andy and Adam have the most infectious laughs ever, thanks for another great ep!

Great show, A+ on the Brohang meter. Three bros... hangin and podcastin

WOW do I get unnecessarily pissed when guests don't respect the Would You Rather rules. IT'S A COMEDY PODCAST! THE POINT OF THE GAME IS TO BE FUNNY JAINDDKDKJEWSHAHGEHEHD

This was probably the weirdest episode since...ever? There were things about this one that I completely hated, but I laughed the whole way through anyway. I was not a fan of Adam in no way trying to stay in character, and his complete unwillingness to play WYR, and I didn't think the show was any better for it. But it was still really entertaining, and as always, had me looking like a complete weirdo in the halls at school as I tried to contain my laughter.

My main problem with it was probably just me being ignorant, but I had an incredibly tough time telling Bro and Andy apart--when they started getting into it, it was genuinely like the same person was talking.

And yet once again, still a very funny episode, and the Woody Allen bit was bonus-clip worthy.

Yeah, this episode was odd. It seems like "Bro" stopped being "Bro" at a certain point and slipped back into being Adam Pally. I feel like "Bro" was a little more committed to the character of "Bro" the first time he made an appearance as "Bro". Are you starting to get annoyed by the repetition of the word "Bro" in quote marks? Cuz I'm starting to get annoyed at myself for doing it, bro.

The thing is, Pally really showed he can commit to a character in Episode 123, with Amy Poehler. He even freestyle-rapped in the voice of David Fine, which was kinda amazing.

I got the vibe that Pally started being surprisingly candid about stuff because Samberg was in the opposite corner doing his safe and friendly press junket. Pally just wanted to push through the (possible) bullshit. That and he just likes to goof off.

• Like 3

I didn't feel the same way a lot of people felt about this episode, it seems. I did notice that towards the end of the show Adam was kind of going in and out of his Bro character, but I didn't mind, really. It seemed like they were just bro-ing out, if I may use such a term.

Though, I will agree with the person who said Adam and Andy sound alike because sometimes I honestly couldn't tell who was talking!

Anyway, great ep, bros.

• Like 3

The Bro not playing along with the WYR rules was a bit. And it was hilarious. Every time he'd blurt out "oh I'll take the vhs hands" it got me.

I also loved the Bro as a thin veil for Adam to shit on things/people angle this time around.

• Like 3

The Bro not playing along with the WYR rules was a bit. And it was hilarious. Every time he'd blurt out "oh I'll take the vhs hands" it got me.

I also loved the Bro as a thin veil for Adam to shit on things/people angle this time around.

I did find the "Oh I'll just take the VHS hands" bit funny...I guess I just had a hankering for some good ol' fashioned WYR.