Story for Sklarbro County

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ian Bauer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'd love to hear Randy and Jason talk about this. Not sports related but would be perfect for County.

"Connecitcut Man Calls 911 because Deli Made his Sandwich Wrong"

http://newyork.cbslo...sandwich-wrong/
--
@ianbauer on Twitter
facebook.com/ianbauerma

#2 Kristi_Lynne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Eyyy, you made the 'cast! It's Bauer Hour! Dan Van Kirk's dramatic re-enactment of the call was brilliant

Here's a timely Olympics-related story for the County. As John Oliver of The Bugle said, the five Olympic rings stand for Knitters Don't Play That S***.

"U.S.O.C. Knits A Controversy"

http://london2012.bl...-a-controversy/

The United States Olympic Committee unintentionally offended thousands, if not millions, of people this week – and potentially dangerous people, too, considering they wield long, sharp sticks — when it sent a letter to a knitting Web site asking that it stop using the term ‘Ravelympics’ for a contest it planned to hold in conjunction with the London Olympics.

“We believe using the name ‘Ravelympics’ for a competition that involves an afghan marathon, scarf hockey and sweater triathlon, among anothers, tends to denigrate the true nature of the Olympic Games,” said the U.S.O.C.’s letter to Casey Forbes, co-founder of the knitting Web site Ravelry.com. “In a sense, it is disrespectful to our country’s finest athletes and fails to recognize or appreciate their hard work.”

The U.S.O.C.’s relationship with knitters, crocheters and yarn spinners worldwide began to unravel from there, creating a public relations fiasco less than a month before the Olympics.

"We need to focus on the important things in life: friends, waffles and work. Or waffles, friends and work." -- Knope 2012

"Those darn ghosts! Probably left their ghost shoes all over the ghost stairs. I'm gonna' ghost-trip all the way down on them!" -- T.J. Miller, Sklarbro Country 100.5

@CallSignKay

#3 Ian Bauer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Wait, I'm sorry. Did they read this story and I missed it?!
--
@ianbauer on Twitter
facebook.com/ianbauerma

#4 Ian Bauer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Ah, I found it! Thanks Sklars and Dan for reading this. And for the Bauer Hour!
--
@ianbauer on Twitter
facebook.com/ianbauerma