🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 57 — Reconciliation

If you're gonna be Taylor Dayne, just bring it. Well, Taylor certainly brings it to this episode. The topic is reconciliation, and the gang discusses the ability to forgive and move forward in a friendship, relationship, or with one's self. There's also singing, Elmo, and a gay tennis bat.

Excuse me...I'm sorry to bother you...but I just have to tell you....I love your podcast.The story of "Mr. Cute Shorts" KILLED. Hilarious. My neighbors may not be too thrilled at how loud I was laughing at that time of night. I love the dynamics of Tig and Kyle's friendship. It's something special and I'm glad they were able to reconcile whatever small differences that didn't amount to a hill of beans compared to what would have been lost. I wouldn't wish any lost friendship between any of them. I adore the entire Professor Blastoff crew. This (nor that) podcast wouldn't be anything without each and every one of them.

Taylor Dayne was a great guest. The back-and-forth between her and Tig at the very end--HOT. There I said it. Quit needling me.

That was sooooo good! Taylor seems like a nice, sweet, funny, ferocious woman. Still waiting from someone to wrangle in Aaron!

Hey Tig&Kyle&David&Aaron&Taylor(!),

OK, I'm sure y'all are getting this a lot, but this was one of the best Professor Blastoffs, if not one of the best podcasts, I've ever heard. I mean, most of this episode could be in the Best Of. A call from Kyle's mother or a riddle probably would have melted my computer into a hot puddle of awesome....

Jamey

Austin, TX

• Like 7

god i love kyle's "tweets". i love them so hard.

• Like 1

Taylor Dane for permanent co-host?

• Like 1

Taylor Dane for permanent co-host?

Better yet a banged out Taylor Dayne...Oops. I mean a banged up Taylor Dayne. :huh:

• Like 1

Hey Tig&Kyle&David&Aaron&Taylor(!),

OK, I'm sure y'all are getting this a lot, but this was one of the best Professor Blastoffs, if not one of the best podcasts, I've ever heard. I mean, most of this episode could be in the Best Of. A call from Kyle's mother or a riddle probably would have melted my computer into a hot puddle of awesome....

Jamey

Austin, TX

I concur! It just seems like this podcast keeps getting better and better every episode!

The best moments in my favorite podcasts often go unnoticed by anyone involved at the time it's being recorded. Case in point...

Taylor Dayne: "We're square, it's a check."

Tig(ger): "No, that's rectangular."

This was a fantastic episode, with such a prominent element of the Tig mythos sprung to life. Like having Zeus at your birthday party but he's not trying to show off by turning into a swan and raping people, he's just cool, chillin'. But he's still Zeus!

I know I got on a weird tangent there, but I hope we can reconcile.

• Like 2

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was worried that this might be awkward, but it turns out Taylor Dayne™ has an awesome personality and just rolled with everything. The group singalong was so great.

• Like 2

Taylor Dayne reminded me so much of my mom's fun wacky friend Marianne that I kept forgetting it was Taylor Dayne. She was a hoot and also a half.

• Like 2

I had goosebumps everywhere when the whole gang came together in harmony during the sing-a-long. EVERYWHERE, you guys.

• Like 1

Kyle's yelling voice is like the most hilarious voice.

MOTHER SAYS I'M THE HANDSOMEST BOY IN THE WORLD! WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT DAVID!!!!

• Like 1

I just made an account to request that Taylor Dane please never be on the podcast again. Nice lady, one time is fine, but the whole "hunt the deer" and "share the woman" schpeal....her knowledge or gender differences is completely subjective and limited. It wasn't a bad episode (there has never been a bad one), but she removed you guys from whatever curiousity you might have had about the topic otherwise. If I was more opinionated I would say that she's what's wrong with America.... whatever.

Anyways, here's an idea: a podcast on gender?

I've heard the differences summed up by describing the male brain as a compartmentalizing "waffle" and the female brain as an interrelating pile of "spaghetti" lol.

That's been comment.

• Like 3

This is exactly what the podcast has the potential to be. It is great to have 'experts' on topics, but having people that are great personalities works so well. She was so in sync with you guys and her input was terrific. I thought she really nailed it and I was SHOCKED at how great it was.

But I think one of the reasons it was so great was that Tig was really emotionally invested in this one. When that happens, it seems like everyone on the show responds in kind and it just takes the whole thing to a different level.

• Like 3

Is no one else dying to know how Kyle broke Tig's heart? They put all their dirty laundry on display, but lost nerve when it came time to show the delicates. It's like if they didn't end up telling the David beach shit story.

• Like 6

Is no one else dying to know how Kyle broke Tig's heart? They put all their dirty laundry on display, but lost nerve when it came time to show the delicates. It's like if they didn't end up telling the David beach shit story.

I don't really care WHY it happened, but it is sort of fascinating to think that this was going on within the lifetime of the show. I almost want to go back and listen to old episodes to see if the rift is more evident than I noticed at the time (but won't, because there are dozens of hours of great new podcasts released every week).

• Like 1

I almost want to go back and listen to old episodes to see if the rift is more evident than I noticed at the time

There's just no way to tell...