🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 57 — Reconciliation

I don't really care WHY it happened, but it is sort of fascinating to think that this was going on within the lifetime of the show. I almost want to go back and listen to old episodes to see if the rift is more evident than I noticed at the time (but won't, because there are dozens of hours of great new podcasts released every week).

Yeah, HOW did they put out such great, funny shows while not really speaking to each other?! That completely blew my mind while listening to this episode. I certainly didn't notice months of shows where there was some weird vibe. Pretty amazing.

I think Taylor [Dayne]'s views on gender differences were pretty wacky, but it's fun to have someone who sees the world so much differently than, obviously, Tig, Kyle and David do. She did a great job hanging back and letting them deal with the serious stuff.

Overall, this was one of my favorite episodes. Kyle's Taylor [Dayne] impression nearly made my sister and I drive off the freeway and kill ourselves, we were laughing so hard.

• Like 2

Yeah, HOW did they put out such great, funny shows while not really speaking to each other?! That completely blew my mind while listening to this episode. I certainly didn't notice months of shows where there was some weird vibe. Pretty amazing.

Totally.

Overall, this was one of my favorite episodes. Kyle's Taylor [Dayne] impression nearly made my sister and I drive off the freeway and kill ourselves, we were laughing so hard.

:lol: Oh dear.

Just listened to this episode and it is hilarious at times, and then crazily genuine and heartfelt, and then "WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING ABOUT MOTHER?!!"

I loves it!

Outstanding as always, heartfelt, hilarious, another adjective here.

Taylor Dayne was the second popstar I have ever fallen in love with, behind Teena Marie, and it was so nice hearing her on the podcast.

She did get a little wacky at points, but I think it's just because she's lived in a different world than the rest of us for a long time, and opinions get based a lot on a person's environment and relationships. She's obviously been around some weird ones.

But, still love her to pieces.

I hope they revisit this. I understand the desire to keep rift was between Kyle and Tig private, but it sucks being on the outside.

I just made an account to request that Taylor Dane please never be on the podcast again. ....her knowledge or gender differences is completely subjective and limited.

Wow. Yeah. I am a little shocked to see the overwhelming love for Dane's appearance here.

I just found the whole "women be bitches" attitude incredibly unpalatable; it wasn't played cleverly or even in a funny way, just flat out bitter and hostile. I don't get women who don't like women. It was kind of sad to listen to Tig not respond in any way to Dane's characerization that all women are deceptive in every reaction with each other when Tig likes women so much. I love how she talks about and respects her friends. I dunno. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

On the other hand, the talk about Tig and Kyle was fascinating if vague, and the singing was great.