🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 81 — Cheetos & Horseradish

The ep. was great once the crunching stopped.

• Like 3

Eric was terrific. Like the other guy said, he bought in and went for it. "My show sucks d**k" and just stayed in that frame the whole time. I thought it was freaking hilarious. I notice all the hateful comments are by people with very few comments, so I am going to assume they are all Eric Andre making comments to mock himself.

• Like 2

I have to assume you're as obnoxious as this guest was, so that's why nothing seems out of the ordinary to you.

I am SEVERELY obnoxious, and I could fight through the noise to find the funny. AAAAND ALL THA OTHA BOYS!!!!!!!!!!

*edit: sorry. I was drunk and angry at a dingo attacking my baby.

I honestly don't know if Eric Andre is funny or not because I had to turn the show off. I sat through the Cheeto chomping, which was incredibly grating, and Eric decides to follow it up by intermittently burping into the mic with no comedic context. Just aggravating to the listen.

• Like 3

Is there any chance we can get Gail Simone as a future guest on Who Charted as a re-payment for the comic book cameo?

• Like 1

I met Gail Simone this weekend at Denver Comic con. She was super nice. If I had known about this Kulap thing, I would have had her sign my Who Charted shirt.

This is not hating. But I registered to this forum only to make these comments:

I love the show and listen every Wednesday and Friday.

I had to turn off this episode after about 10 minutes because I found the guest to be someone I would never choose to listen to if I met them in public. I just don't like the "I'm so cool I can be gross" attitude. And yet I can listen to a million dick and fart jokes. Go figure...

• Like 3

I remember at the dawn of comedy podcasting when it was 99% clueless amateurs (the other 1% was Jesse Thorn) there were a few of those clueless amateurs who thought it was funny to eat and/or burp into the mic.

You heard me. Clueless amateurs.

• Like 1

I have to assume you're as obnoxious as this guest was, so that's why nothing seems out of the ordinary to you.

Meaning you to come to Earwolf for the ordinary? I think Bill Burr has a podcast that may be more to your liking.

• Like 4

Obviously chewing isn't great to listen to, but what do you want for nothing? Rubber biscuit?

For my non-money, I thought this was one of the best Who Charted's yet

On the one end of the Who Charted guest universe you have the Paul F. Tompkinses of the world (stunningly great) and on the other you have the Eric Andres (bad). Dude you ate some cheetos on the mic and it was funny for a second BUT THEN IT WENT ON AND ON AND ON AND ON. We got it, you're eating on the mic, you're a juvenile lame pig, next. Whoever gave the guy cheetos broke radio rule #1, no eating on the mic. That assistant or intern should get fired, period. Added to this was his fratboy belching and general nasty demeanour. I think he is by far the worst guest they have had on (and he isn't funny either). If you are a guest (yes the word is "guest") show your hosts some respect by eating before the show and follow their direction not take it over. PFT has been on the show 5 times for a reason. The guy has class, is intelligent and is pretty witty, but most of all he respects Wie Wie and Ku. Eric Andre could learn a lot from him. I hope I don't get to hear him again.

Oh and ditto Pete Holmes as a guest. That guy's overcaffeinated shrill high voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Was he high? Another I could go without.

Says the guy whose screenname is "ComedyGangBang."

Anyway, Eric Andre is absolutely hilarious. My sons and I love his Adult Swim show. I guess these sticks in the mud are the same people who don't get Tim and Eric as well. Meanwhile all the funniest people around love them. Gee, I wonder whose opinion I'll value more....

Might have been a great episode, but I could only put up with 5 minutes of chewing into the mic before I had to shut it off. The only Earwolf program I've ever turned off.

I loved this episode, so many overreactions to the chewing.

I was dying at Howard's story about his brother who hates going to movies because of the people "jingling their keys" all the time. Such an amazing image.