🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 32 — Michael Cock Duncan

How about you go speed dating with four of the best improvisers on the planet: Horatio Sanz, Sean Conroy, Matt Walsh, and of course, Matt Besser. They may give you the third degree, but they will also provide you with aural bacon and pancakes. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

My favorite part was the several seconds of utter dead-air silence when everyone was trying to remember which horrendous dictator Hank Williams Jr. had compared to Barack Obama.

• Like 1

Hey Matt, I hope you aren't too pissed, but my podcast did a ripoff episode of your show available here. If you want to have me on the show to be screamed at I'm totally available. Great episode, I think it was Chauchesku that he compared to Obama.

Was that a Jerry McGuire 'show me the money' reference that Matt Besser tried to throw in at the end of the e-harmony scene? While talking about Obama he said, "show us the money". I could be forcing that a bit...

• Like 1

I have to call out Matt on something. As a lifelong sports fan, he should have known better than to predict that the Heat were 'about to be eliminated'. Not only is it a jinx to say that, but recording it on a podcast that didn't air until well after the series was over, secured that they would win that game and then that series.

I personally blame him if they win the title this year, and for any titles they win going forward.

By the way, another great episode.

This was a fun episode! You really tapped into my fears of what speed dating must be like!

I have to tell you though, Matt... Sean Conroy's a fabulous improvisor, and I'm sure a good man, but he's steering you wrong on those Adidas sneakers. New Balance is where you're going to get the best arch support. Adidas may be cute for a cross-trainer if you're puttering around town, but New Balance provides superior stability for people with low arches. My dad keeps back-up pairs of New Balance sneakers in his closet. That attests to both the quality of the shoe and the eccentricity of my father.

• Like 1

Also, I'm pretty sure there is no pushing involved in the Iditarod. Maybe I'm wrong, but the person on the back isn't pushing are they? I think they just ride on there and the dogs do all the work.

The i4h t-shirt got a brief mention at the end of today's episode, and as a recent purchaser of one I'd like to give it an official endorsement; it is quite comfortable and stylish.

Horatio fucking kills me. I love Fredo the time keeper. He said homeboy like 5 times.

"...and go."

• Like 1

Only five minutes in and Horatio is fucking killing it. How he can just explain the concept of keeping a diarrhea without cracking up laughing is beyond me. That is professionalism boys and girls.

"Also, I'm pretty sure there is no pushing involved in the Iditarod. Maybe I'm wrong, but the person on the back isn't pushing are they? I think they just ride on there and the dogs do all the work."

There are occasions where the human passenger/driver/musher has to get off and push while the dogs are pulling.

And, as I recall, "Bocephus" was a ventriloquist's dummy that HW, Sr. thought the infant Jr. resembled. He could've been nicknamed "Mortimer Snerd"...I suspect either wooden figure might've recorded better music...(apparently that talent skips a gen in the Williams family).

I was worried that the Hank Jr. bit was going to be a dud, what with that long stretch of dead air and all, but it ended up being my favorite part of the show. I was laughing so hard I lost control of my steering for a moment. When I tried to correct course, I noticed that my car felt a little floaty. Turns out two of my tires were dangerously under-inflated. So I owe you all a heartfelt "Thanks!" This podcast helped save me gas mileage and quite possibly my life.

"improv4humans saves gas and lives"

• Like 1

I laughed so hard at the Tennessee Titans rhyme. I can't remember it specifically now, or who said it, but I do remember laughing hysterically while driving.

• Like 1

I almost lost control of my vehicle and died today because I was laughing so hard at that amazing Speed Dating sketch. Possibly the hardest I've laughed at a podcast this year.

I've never been called Hunting Stiffies before! So, pretty neat.

• Like 1

new balance is where it's at! I've ran over 20,000 miles in them. On the other hand, they're usually some flamboyantly colored style that doesn't really mesh well w/ much.

I’m not sure what it was about this episode but add me to the list of people driving, laughing, crying, & careening through different lanes on the freeway all because Horatio Sanz repeatedly calls the guy “homeboy”. Fuck that was funny. I don’t think I’ve laughed as hard at this show ever. Maybe during the episode months ago with the girl who kept getting pregnant and describing it to her father in graphic detail.

• Like 1

One of the all time best scenes: the E-Harmony Pancake Breakfast They have like 4 games going at once in that and I love how the ridiculousness builds and builds.

One of the all time best scenes: the E-Harmony Pancake Breakfast They have like 4 games going at once in that and I love how the ridiculousness builds and builds.

Still my vote for greatest I4H sketch of all time.

• Like 1

Still my vote for greatest I4H sketch of all time.

There's surely been a TOP 10 BEST EVER list compiled, right?

Right now I would say my vote for best scene ever would be "I'm Just Doin My Thing" scene with Besser, Gemberling, Parham, WENGERT! - not sure of the episode number its one of those VPN episodes.

I've watched the scene a ton of times its pretty much perfect and ramps nice and steadily towards the ending. I love Besser just throwing more and more stuff at him.

Sign in to follow this