🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 81.5 — 6/22/2012 TWO CHARTED 20

It smells like sunscreen, it tastes like Bud Light Lime, it sounds like the Have a Summah album! It's Two Charted and this week it's all about Howard's Summah Stories and Kulap's Summah Checklist. You can't say we didn't prepare you for the season!

• Like 1

My Summah Beer Chart

5. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy

4. Troegs Nugget Necter

3. Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster (the body of water where I spent many a summah day as a youth)

2. Yuengling Lager

1. Anderson Valley Summer Solstice

• Like 2

Anothah Summah Beer Chart

5. Dogfish Head Tweason'Ale - For all ya'll with Celiac Disease Dogfish Head has the only summah beer you can find without gluten. Oh, and it tastes pretty good.

4. Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager - Light, sweet, refreshing. The aroma gets me every time.

3. Lost Coast Great White - Although not technically a summah beer, its crisp smooth style fits the season too perfectly to leave it off the list.

2. Cigar City Tropical Heatwave Summer Wheat Ale - Limited release by a small microbrew in my current location of Tampa so good luck finding it. Not only is it their cheapest (specialty) beer right now, but it is damn good.

1. Bell's Oberon - for extra delciousness add a shot of gin, a splash of grenadine, and a splash of lemon juice. Also as a bonus, this beer is available year round so it can still be summah during the coldest of winter nights.

• Like 1

Allagash White! I had no idea Allagash was distributed that widely; they're headquartered up here in little ol' New England. Good stuff!

(Smuttynose Summer Weizen for me. Cheers, y'all.)

So many beers to try out! And as a graduate of Western Michigan University, I'm required by law to list Bell's Oberon as the best summah beer available.

Show us the summah obstacle in the Cher t-shirt!

Summah beer is my absolute favorite beer! My list:

5. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy

4. Flying Fish Summer

3. Sam Adams Summer

2. Dogfish Head Festina Peche

1. Brooklyn Summer Ale

Summah Beers! (Oregon Edition)

5. Bridgeport Summer Squeeze - w/ lemongrass and yuzu.

4. Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale - Way better than those movies.

3. MacTarnahan's Summer Grifter IPA - The creepiest beer on the list (check out this label).

2. Widmer Citra Blonde Summer Brew - A refreshing Golden Ale.

1. Ninkasi Radiant Ale - Crisp, delicious, and, according to their website, pairs well with fish.

I tried to include beers that are more widely distributed. If you travel here you will find many, many more summer libations.

Thanks for the pod!

bout time Trident Layers was recognized as a formidable summah gum. I'm not sure, but the cherry flavour might be my choice.

In deciding on a summah beer, I'm leaning towards Smithwick's Irish Ale. refreshing without being a full on "surf board" beer.

I was having a shitty summah day in San Francisco, where it's cold and foggy right now. But hearing Howard's palpable delight at the Gregorian cover version of "The Wie Wie Chart" redeemed the whole day for me.

Also, I admire Howard's undimmed optimism in the face of young Cher-shirted weirdos and disastrous Ginko Biloba missions. Hats off to Howie! (And KuKu as well!)

• Like 1

Favorite barely-acknowledged throw-away line of the week: "Lao don't crack."

Summah Beers! (Oregon Edition)

5. Bridgeport Summer Squeeze - w/ lemongrass and yuzu.

4. Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale - Way better than those movies.

3. MacTarnahan's Summer Grifter IPA - The creepiest beer on the list (check out this label).

2. Widmer Citra Blonde Summer Brew - A refreshing Golden Ale.

1. Ninkasi Radiant Ale - Crisp, delicious, and, according to their website, pairs well with fish.

I tried to include beers that are more widely distributed. If you travel here you will find many, many more summer libations.

Thanks for the pod!

I am thoroughly jealous. Oregon has access to the best beers in the world. I've actually thought about getting a job there just so I could live at the Rogue brewery. I guess I'll simply have to plan my "Sideways" trip to PacNorWe.

• Like 1

Relistening to the episode and forgot to post my 5 Summah Beers (since everyone else has- In No Order)

1. Leinenkugel Summer Shandy

2. Big Sky Trout Slayer Wheat Ale

3. Deschutes Twilight Summer Ale

4. Allagash White

5. Sierra Nevada Ovila Abbey Dubbel.

Fucking hell, I'm gonna be blotto this summah...

Sign in to follow this