🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 103 - John Cleese

Actor and comedian John Cleese feels it is morally imperative to be Conan O’Brien’s friend.

John sits down with Conan to talk about his new book Creativity: A Short and Cheerful Guide, writing essays on the subject of time, and favorite philosophical definitions of humor. Plus, Conan finds kinship in a photograph of a mailbox that bears his likeness.

Great show. Conan mentioned to John Cleese that he sometimes was a little too uptight about spending time on bits that wouldn't be going into his shows. But a friend of mine wrote for him on the Late Show in the '90s, and even though my friend couldn't get any jokes past the censors, Conan kept him on for years. (One segment that he did get on the show was "Real Life Arguments" with actors playing the parts of viewers who had sent in their real life arguments. The first & last argument featured was that of my mom & adult brother who lived together and were arguing about about a dentist appointment she made for him without his consent.)

Amazing episode from the two masters of silliness and nonsense.  

I also took the liberty in creating an illustration based off of the photo, which I find hilarious.  

Artboard 2@0.5x-50.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the kind of blinkered, Philistine, pig-ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage. You sit there on your loathsome, spotty behinds, never giving a tinker's cuss for the struggling artist. You whining, hypocritical toadies, with your secret Masonic handshakes and your color TV sets. :)