🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 34 — Eric the Paid Intern

Eric the Paid Intern is leaving Earwolf to take a job in facial recognition software (because he's a genius) so here are some awesome Eric interviews and improv scenes that we've saved up from past episodes. Hear improv from Horatio Sanz, Adam Pally, Sean Conroy, Mookie Blaiklock, Danielle Schneider, and your other favorite improvisers.

I'm not a lady but surely the biggest obstacle stopping this fine young lad getting laid is not his haircut but rather him being afraid to interact with people who aren't homeless or crazy.

• Like 1

Did anyone else see Matt on 'Burning Love' on Monday? His interaction with TiTi was spectacular.

• Like 1

I thought that the antagonism of Eric was pretty entertaining to start out with, but his nonstop mopiness got a little grating, especially when compiled into one episode. A funny escapade into the farthest reaches of apathy, but in my opinion it is played out at this point.

I thought Eric's segments were always funny, mostly because he seemed so out of his element.

Is that really how he got that job? Im no programmer but I would totes move out to L.A. to be the punching bag for this improv show.

I guess I don't follow the forums enough to realize eric is an unpopular segment, but I thought I'd put it out there that I really enjoy them because of his and Matt's rapport.

• Like 4

"I'm not bullying you.....RIGHT?!"

That was awesome. Eric himself agreed (under duress) that he loves doing the man on the street interviews.

I also enjoyed the Eric/man on the street segments. The train wreck/bullying aspect was a great awkward segment for the show, and I liked all of the improv, because they typically got pretty ridiculous.

Eric is great as that bumbling 20-something mope character, it's hard to believe he's not Andy Daly or PFT faking us all out.

• Like 2

I enjoy Eric the Paid Intern's segments. Kind of hard to believe he's a real human being though.

Also I really liked the improv in the "choice or kick my ass" segment. Good stuff!

• Like 2

Also I really liked the improv in the "choice or kick my ass" segment. Good stuff!

Double word. Horatio = (o)(o) sprinkles.

The man. The myth. The "intern"...

IMG_8934.jpg

• Like 1

I would listen to a podcast of just Eric being made fun of by Matt & Co. Truthfully though, the on the street interview stories don't produce as high quality of improv as the guest stories do. I would say ditch man on the street if you would bring it back with someone who isn't as entertaining as Eric. Maybe just start a segment called "Besser Berates" where you bring in an intern and poke fun for 5 or so minutes.

I have to admit I felt a little sorry for Eric the Paid Intern, but I was bent over laughing along at his headphone mishaps. This was a great feature to build an episode around.

• Like 2

That hair is a monstrosity.

Guests bafflement over Eric makes him a clear keeper, the man on the street is give or take though.

• Like 2

Yeah I would kill for this internship but I don't think Eric is doing too bad of a job. He's shy but his interactions with Matt are always funny.

Hey, improv4humans fans! Did you like hearing Eric featured on this episode? Well, YOU too can be featured on an upcoming show! Send in an audio clip for a chance to have Matt Besser and awesome guests use your story to inspire comedy. Here's the info: http://blog.earwolf.com/post/26148552562

• Like 2

As a heterosexual male, I am entirely comfortable telling the world that Eric the Paid Intern is a gorgeous man, and his segments were always a fun time. Good improv is not dependent on the jumping off point, but having something silly and fun like the man on the street interviews does add to the enjoyment.

My i4h ritual is to always listen to it after my lunch break on Thursdays, sitting at my desk in my cubicle, usually covering my mouth, teary eyes squeezed shut, trying not to breathe, trying not to laugh out loud because seriously? This show is so funny.

I love how much stuff goes into this show, I love the bonus episodes with the deleted scenes, and I had no idea how far down the show could plunge into the depths that are Eric the Intern's routinely fubar segments.

I remember around the end of the Earwolf Challenge when Matt was talking about this show and hadn't decided on a name yet, and when he listed the three or four he was split on, improv4humans definitely stuck out to me and I'm glad it was picked.

Beyond that though? I had no idea that the Thursdays of the future would consist of me in the office, post-lunch, gleefully in pain with an aching belly and smile muscles completely spent, giggling like a maniac. Good show, old sport.

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this