🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
toshio_drift

Birdemic 2

I watched it on Chill last week, and while it was "better" than I thought (in that it wasn't painfully self-aware, only mildly), I don't think it would translate well to an episode of HDTGM, only because it's crazy for all the same reasons as the first one. I'm not sure there's much new to talk about, other than a few extra-insane lines of dialogue.

Oh dear lord please, please, please consider this one. I would think you would have to since you did Birdemic. How can this not get a HDTGM show about it. I don't think I need to describe how awesomely bad this movie is, but I will with one word. BIRDEMIC!

I disagree, this movie was terribad. Because it was (despite what was said in the interview with 'Natalie') trying to be bad...but you had someone who already sucked and doesnt understand why people are laughing trying to act like he was in on the joke. They tried to be bad and failed, or something.

Too many cameos from the first movie, too many winks and nods to the first movie, too many moments of "har har, isn't this bad folks at home?...please like me!" Too few memorable/wtf moments, too few new ideas. (also, I'm pretty sure at one point someone reloads a gun...which is not how guns work in the Birdemic'verse)

The question of "how did this get made" is easy...like any Hollywood franchise shamelessly wrung from a single movie that should have stood on its own in order to squeeze every last bit of essence out of it without resorting to any form of creativity. cash/fame/attention grab.

(also, I'm pretty sure at one point someone reloads a gun...which is not how guns work in the Birdemic'verse)

I love that this actually counts as a legitimate complaint.

• Like 1

Yeah. Unintentional humor never survives contact with self-awareness.

When an inept person tries to create something serious, it can be hilarious.

When an inept person tries to be funny, it's awful.

The movie was way too self aware. It's like they just went over a checklist of moments from the first movie to reference or wink at. You can plainly see all the extras laughing during the bird attack scenes.

Birdemic was lightning in a bottle. The magic is gone. Let us remember it for what it was, not mourn what it became.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this