🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 85 — Live from Bridgetown 2012

We've been saving a good one for you! Brett Gelman and house band Brody Stevens bring positive energy and pinata-beating skills to Portland. The gang covers the top music acts that moved to Portland and the top films shot in Oregon. We're also treated to a Dragon Boy Suede performance. We're grounding and pounding in Portland!

ahhh this was such a good ep i always enjoy the live shows positive energy galore!

Howard gets ultra-hilarious when his ideas are countered by a Straight Man type, who, oddly, is played by Brett Gelman in this episode.

Anyone want to get a little bus group together to go tour Howard's Theme Cookery?

I didn't hate last week's as much as about a million people did, but I did love this one a lot more. Also, my friend was at this show and now I can remember to be jealous of him.

Howard gets ultra-hilarious when his ideas are countered by a Straight Man type, who, oddly, is played by Brett Gelman in this episode.

Anyone want to get a little bus group together to go tour Howard's Theme Cookery?

My thoughts exactly. When Gelman is the rational person in the bit it is very funny and the Howard/Brett dynamic is incredible.

"wait, everything should be two mintues?"

• Like 1

Dear Kulap,

I'm pretty sure it is, has been, and will be "Slay-ter-kin-Knee"

You had it right out the gate.

Please stop second-guessing yourself. At least when neither of the dummies sitting opposite you voice a contentious opinion. You're almost always right.

This one was very funny but it felt like it couldn't really find a flow. There were weird pauses in the action and just felt choppy. There would be moments of weird dead air and one moment in particular is when Gelman just randomly shouts "Are you guys having a good time?"

I'm not trying to be some whiny nerd or anything. I just wanna give some thoughts on it. Howard was absolutely brilliant in picking up the slack. Going in his weird philosophy of books into songs was fantastic.

Also Brody added zero to this show in my opinion.

But yes this was pretty awesome, I just wish the pinata hitting wasn't such a visual thing so i could enjoy it more.

Great show! I really liked the live vibe and can't wait for the next one. How about one live show per month? I can't think of a better guest for a live show then Gelman. He had me rolling when he was going off on the guy that yelled out his answer.

I loved Howard's wikipedia guy voice - "Citation needed."

Howard explaining what he thought the movie Elephant was about and hearing the gun shots in the background made it all funnier.

Sign in to follow this