🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 104 — Synthetic Urine

If the combination of sports, comedy, and indie rock isn't wild enough for you, today's guest coexists in the worlds of Mexican wrestling, burlesque, Largo, alternative rock, Carlos Mencia, and cats. Writer and alt legend Blaine Capatch is dipping his toes in the calming shores and talking about the heckling epidemic, some choice writing gigs, and his good friend Patton Oswalt. But that's not all! To add Olympics and reality television to the scope of this episode is fan favorite Bruce Jenner, and of course we have a Weekly Walhberg. If you're in Denver next weekend, you know what to do (the answer is NOT punch waterfalls, although it's okay if you do)!

That story of the woman stalking Theo Epstein was eerily reminiscent of the woman who stalked and shot Eddie Waitkus in 1949; that happened in Chicago as well....

Please give Dan Van Kirk less air-time. Honestly, he seems like a good guy and a genuinely nice person, and the stories he brings to the table are interesting. Unfortunately, he's just not funny. His jokes are obvious and flat, and he completely ruins the rhythm of the banter on the show. I feel like this podcast is quickly devovling into Sklarbro + Van Kirk Country, and it's a shame, because the Sklars had a great thing going. And that's when it was just the Sklars. Sorry Dan, you seem like a good dude. I just think your strengths may be better used behind the scenes.

• Like 1

Please give Dan Van Kirk less air-time. Honestly, he seems like a good guy and a genuinely nice person, and the stories he brings to the table are interesting. Unfortunately, he's just not funny. His jokes are obvious and flat, and he completely ruins the rhythm of the banter on the show. I feel like this podcast is quickly devovling into Sklarbro + Van Kirk Country, and it's a shame, because the Sklars had a great thing going. And that's when it was just the Sklars. Sorry Dan, you seem like a good dude. I just think your strengths may be better used behind the scenes.

All due respect, shove that opinion right up your ass. So tired of these people showing up on these forums with their first post being something very negative. You can feel free to be negative after you are positive for a time. Don't just show up and the first thing out of your mouth is 'this sucks' you pompous POS.

• Like 2

And PS, Dan is a genius and a great addition to the show.

::Mark Wahlberg voice:: "The other day, I had some haters on a message board, but they only had one post, so i was like, 'i'm mark fucking wahlberg, who the fuck are you,' and they didn't reply. So i ignored them."

• Like 2

All due respect, shove that opinion right up your ass. So tired of these people showing up on these forums with their first post being something very negative. You can feel free to be negative after you are positive for a time. Don't just show up and the first thing out of your mouth is 'this sucks' you pompous POS.

The weirdest part of his misplaced rant is that Dan wasn't even on #104, beyond the Weekly Wahlberg bit.

Consider the possibility that "Lasers" is, in fact, Mark Walhberg...

• Like 3

::Mark Wahlberg voice:: "This one time, I had some haters on a message board, but they only had one post, so i was like, 'i'm mark fucking wahlberg, who the fuck are you,' and they didn't reply. So i ignored them."

Well put.

• Like 1

Bruuuce! Stay strong, buddy, and don't let Kris push you out of that canoe.

Glad to hear another weekly Wahlberg, and always glad to hear from Dan. He adds another great comic voice to the Country. And that voice was only in this episode for a few minutes so I'm not sure where the complaint is coming from. Wait a second, is this Donnie? Get back to work at Wahl-burgers!

Jeez, Bryant Gumbel is making enemies everywhere:

http://www.latimes.c...0,2689706.story

Wow, Gumbel is a real tool, idn't he?

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this