🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 169 — Immortal Mustache

The owner of one of the five one-way tickets used to board the Rocket Ship to Fame, Broken Lizard’s Jay Chandrasekhar makes his first appearance! He talks about his early sketch days, the importance of mustaches, how Super Troopers almost never existed, and his new movie The Babymakers. Also, the return of the Cake Boss himself, Buddy Valastro joins Scott and Jay to reveal the secret of cheesecake, answer the question of how long he’s been making cakes, and to scream and yell about his appearance on Comedy Bang! Bang! the TV show where he was asked to scream and yell. All of this including a hellish game of Would You Rather? Don't forget to pick up the Comedy Bang! Bang! LIVE Summer Tour episodes!

What did I take away from today's episode? Beards, apparently, good for muff diving.

• Like 1

It's been a good few hours since I finished listening to this episode and I'm still laughing about "cunt cheese"

• Like 2

This episode should be dedicated to Michael Jackson.

Sha-mon. Hee hee. Ow!

• Like 1

"Have you ever seen me? ...Have you ever seen me with my shirt off? ...Yeah! Have you ever seen me with my shirt off?!"

-Scott "Ripped Dude" Aukerman

One of the best WYR's ever. MARC MA-RON! was one of the best moments in CBB history.

MARC MA-RON!

• Like 4

One of the best WYR's ever. MARC MA-RON! was one of the best moments in CBB history.

Wholeheartedly agreed. It's a shame they edited out Paul's laughter paroxysm that happened when Scott dropped the MAR-ON.

Yep, that moment was so great, and I love it anytime PFT laughs (including at the Sorry/sari line before Cake Boss was introduced) out of character.

Yet again, the Scottabot's recounting of a character's backstory was a highlight, even if he missed a few more recent Cake Tales. I realized today that he's probably doing this for the benefit of new TV-inspired listeners, so I hope the trend continues.

Also loved Cake Boss's offense at the cake/pie comparison and the mafia implication.

• Like 6

Everytime Cakeboss (Cakeboss!) reels off a list of things - like the reasons you know you have a farm - I like to think he's using his fingers to count them down.

• Like 4

Did anyone else notice that cake boss (cakeboss!) used the ton-ton scene from empire as a reference point? Mantzoukas did the same in wipeout! We need a Jason/PFT episode for full on insanity.

• Like 2

PFT and Buddy (cakeBoss) were not skating on thin icing. I love hearing Paul crack up. If you listen on good earphones, you just die laughing along with them

• Like 3

The Fringe=Friends bit was so effing hilarious. The stories that PFT makes up are just too funny.

• Like 4

Help me out guys, at one point Cake Boss just lost it laughing and I can't remember what it was now. What moment was that? I don't think it was the Mark MAR-ON thing, but something else that seemed to go on forever. Can someone remind me?

Jay was kind of a non-presence, but Cake Boss had me in tears. If it was, indeed, his last appearance, it was perhaps his all-time funniest. That gives Paul F. three of the best character appearances of the year in Werner (season premiere), Andrew Lloyd (Fourvel!) and Cake Boss (cake boss!).

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice that cake boss (cakeboss!) used the ton-ton scene from empire as a reference point?

I was hoping Scott was going to chime in with "And I thought that pie smelled bad on the outside!"

The Fringe=Friends bit was so effing hilarious.

It was also the second straight week where Scott made a Friends "The One With" joke (last week's was on Professor Blastoff).

Help me out guys, at one point Cake Boss just lost it laughing and I can't remember what it was now. What moment was that? I don't think it was the Mark MAR-ON thing, but something else that seemed to go on forever. Can someone remind me?

Was it when PFT made Scott tell the story about calling the radio hotline as Popeye?

• Like 2

When was the MAR-ON bit, can anyone write down the time? I apparently got distracted and can't remember listening to it.

When was the MAR-ON bit, can anyone write down the time? I apparently got distracted and can't remember listening to it.

Was it when Jay asked about the mafia?

Sign in to follow this