🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Command Ant

Space Jam (1996)

What MJ's been up to lately.

1452133_10152042348657628_686839265_n.jpg

That would be funny if that's John Paxon behind him. Playing beer pong at John Paxon's house. Also, notice the shoes he's wearing. Those were the NICEST iteration of Air Jordans that Nike ever made. I had the ones that were white and had Carolina blue for the patent leather tips.

i want jordan's shirt to have a photo of jordan wearing the jumpman silhouette. just a living jordan fractal

• Like 2

I haven't watched this since I saw it upon its release in the cinema and I refuse to believe it's anything but the classic I remember

just curious... why in the fuck has this movie not been covered on the show!? it seems like a perfect balance of absurdity and greatness.

I remember as a kid I saw this in the theater the day it came out... I was so excited that we had to sit in the very back because I couldn't physically sit down.

also, several years later I had the pleasure of meeting Shawn Bradley.

Space Jam is a no-brainer HDTGM episode. That they haven't covered it yet makes me think that they're saving it for a special occasion.

I loved this movie as a kid, I still get goosebumps when the little mouse announcer character is introducing the TuneSquad and they introduce Michael Jordan as "his royal Airness", I love that shit cause I am a nerd. I haven't seen the movie in awhile, but I don't know if it is really bad enough to make it the right pick for HDTGM. I mean, yes, it's about people and cartoons interacting, but that's not a big deal cause it's the central conceit of a movie for children (Pete's Dragon, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, clearly this is precedented). Otherwise, it's a pretty linear plot. The underdogs overcome the odds to save the day at the last second. There are a few moments that I can imagine would throw the HDTGM crew for a loop, like Wayne Knight digging up an entire golfing green, but again, it's a movie for children and that scene makes me laugh ( the old man yelling "He's fixing a divot!" After Wayne has completely eradicated the entire green) so I think it's worth it. It's a kids movie, and not a bad one really. If you're gonna do a kids movie why not do something really awful like a Chipmunks movie, or AirBud which would probably be the end of June (saddest children's movie ever?).

I legit created an account just to recommend that HDTGM do this movie (and then found a thread already existed, so here I am). PLEASE do an episode on this! It would be a great follow-up after doing Kazaam. I'm surprised so many people are saying Space Jam can't be done because it's a kid's movie, thus it's okay to be ridiculous. HDTGM did TMNT II which is also a kid's movie. (Granted, those comments were made before that episode aired, but I think it just goes to show that kid's movies are not off the table). The reason I think this movie would make a great episode is because it's NOT downright awful like Chipmunks. It has some parts that are actually funny, but it also has a lot of ridiculousness, bad acting, and crazy plot elements that HDTGM would totally rip apart. Plus, can't you already hear June asking, "But why do the aliens decide to challenge them to a basketball match? What is its purpose?"

On 8/9/2019 at 12:19 AM, Dsexauer said:

IT'S HAPPENING!!!
(Chicago late show according to hdtgminfo.com)

Nice, i bet they do it to coincide with the release of Space Jam 2.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CaptainAmazing said:

Just going to throw this out there:

FAEEE91E-7058-4EE5-8DE2-AECE817678D5.jpeg

I'd be inclined to agree if not for the fact Batman has never really used his baller skills when fighting crime, at least in current iterations.

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this