Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:14 PM
On today's show we shared our gratitude lists for that day and promised to put them here for a week, asking you to join in. Here is mine for today and I'll remind Dave to post his as well.
1. I'm grateful for everyone who spent 37 minutes of their lives listening to us today.
2. I'm grateful that I didn't die in a car accident yesterday (really did almost happen).
3. I'm grateful for Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.
4. I'm very grateful for my wonderful wife who I just celebrated my 3 year anniversary with yesterday.
5. I'm grateful that I no longer think I have all the answers.
That's it. What are you grateful for today?
Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:16 PM
1. I'm grateful for my coworkers who were so kind to me yesterday on my last day
2. I'm grateful for my hobbies that will keep my busy during funemployment
3. I'm grateful for an old friend from high school who is letting me borrow her sewing machine
4. I'm grateful for air conditioning
5. I'm very grateful for my wonderful partner who supports me even when I do something crazy like quit my job
Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:55 PM
My gratitude list:
1. I am grateful for my cozy home.
2. I am grateful for my space heater to keep my feet warm at work (even in the summer).
3. I am grateful for good food to eat.
4. I am grateful for emails with beautiful pics & videos of my neice, Arden.
5. I am grateful for warm hugs.
Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:08 AM
1. I am grateful that my wife is stronger than I am.
2. I am grateful for my sister's family and their dedication to mine.
3. I am grateful for Yoga and how our three year old has taken to it.
4. I am grateful for Penguin Publishing and the monthly, lovely checks we get for my wife's various books (which means I am also thankful to all those lovely readers).
5. I am grateful for our local library and the thousands of kid's books we get from there.
Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:35 AM
1. I am grateful for my wife who works her ass off at something she loves to do while supporting me doing something I love to do (and which mostly pays nothing.)
2. I am grateful for the swimming pool we heading out to in a few minutes. Seeing my kids enjoy their summer makes me happy.
3. I am grateful for being creative.
4. I am grateful for Earwolf. Comedy (and podcasts especially) is so therapeutic to me. When life seems insurmountable, comedy has always been there to pull me out. Earwolf gives this to me almost everyday for free. It is truly a gift.
5. I am grateful for my Citalopram.
Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:53 AM
1. I'm grateful for a mother who is so endlessly supportive of me and what I do.
2. I'm grateful that I'm getting to spend my time EXACTLY the way I want to spend it.
3. I'm grateful to live in a city that offers me endless opportunities to have fun.
4. I'm grateful that in living here 10 short months, I already have a handful of friends who I would do anything for.
5. I'm grateful for a job that makes me excited to get out of bed in the mornings.
Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:55 AM
I'll work on getting Dave on here too
My list for today:
1. I'm grateful for Earwolf listeners
2. I'm grateful for all the talented people who work with us
3. I'm grateful for the car wash I just got (first one since I bought the car 7 months ago, it was gross)
4. I'm grateful that my sister in-law is awesome and lives 20 minutes away (only family within 2,000 miles)
5. I'm grateful that my wife makes my life so much easier than it deserves to be
Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:08 PM
1. I'm STILL grateful for my thoughtful and tolerant wife.
2. I'm grateful for my daughters grandparents for being so helpful and loving during this time.
3. I'm grateful for James Adomian and his new album Low Hangin Fruit.
4. I'm grateful to have Scott as a partner in Earwolf.
5. I'm grateful to be taking the next several hours off from work!
Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:20 AM
1. While it may be too meta, I'm very grateful I have the time to write my gratitude list today!
2. I'm grateful for Ronna & Beverly
3. I'm grateful some old friends I haven't seen for a long time are coming over to hang out today.
4. I'm grateful for the 6am wakeup call I got from Arden this morning that gave me the chance to spend 2 hours with her this morning.
5. I'm grateful for Frank Cappello and all the great work he does with our store, shipments and the CBB Tour work he did. Thanks Frank!
Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:21 AM
Also grateful that my wife has a job she loves that pays for the roof over our heads.
Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:38 AM
1. I'm grateful that my sense of being overwhelmed is coming from amazing opportunities rather than petty drama.
2. I'm grateful for all the things that our team does so I don't have to.
3. I'm grateful for my friends Rob & Jessica and that they made the drive out to visit us yesterday.
4. I'm grateful for Breaking Bad.
5. I'm grateful for FaceTime.
Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:40 AM
1. I'm grateful for my wife, who infuriates and delights me daily, and who has slowly helped me mold myself from a 23-year old boy to a 39-year old almost-man.
2. I'm grateful to have lived in Austin since the early 80s. It was a wonderful place to grow up, and it remains a wonderful place to live.
3. I'm grateful that my son's lump was benign and that he weathered the surgery that nearly derailed this summah like a champ.
4. I'm grateful that my daughter has almost completely recovered from her MRSA infection (yeah, it's been a crazy summah).
5. I'm grateful that my sister survived her brain surgery (you guessed it - this summah too!) and is also on the road to full recovery.
Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:54 PM
1. I'm grateful for Fix Coffee.
2. I'm grateful for the internet! (just not everyone who uses it, but most)
3. I'm grateful for Bored to Death, seasons 2 & 3.
4. I'm grateful for our great friends at Funny or Die.
5. I'm grateful for all the great feedback we've received for Love, Dad.
Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:42 AM
1. I'm grateful for my wife who is 10 times the Mom than I am a Dad.
2. I'm grateful for the opportunities in my life.
3. I'm grateful that I don't need or want things that cost money.
4. I'm grateful that Lou Malnati's pizza from Chicago ships nationally.
5. I'm grateful for podcasting peers who reach out to shoot the shit.
Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:57 AM
1. Family and friends who took the time out of their day to celebrate my son's birthday.
2. Air conditioning!
3.The 7 hours I spend PLAYING WITH MY KIDS.
4. Social Networking. Seriously, I was able to send and recieve instant pics and birthday messages to and from my son yesterday with family who live too far away. That really was awesome.
5. Iced Coffee. Coffee will almost always make list.
Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:04 PM
- I have a great job that I love that gives me good benefits.
- My wife is still enduring a job that she doesn't care for which takes away from her time with her daughter to keep the family afloat until we find something better.
- No matter how bad my day is or how sad I am, my daughter never fails to cheer me up. She's just into the habit of giving me hugs and kisses when I get home from work and it's great!
- My extended family that's incredibly supportive and available to watch the kid when my wife and I would like some time alone.
- My daughter wants to play with me a lot. Growing up I didn't have very many friends and no one in my family wanted to play with me very often, so it feels great to have that connection with someone and being able to provide that connection with her.
Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:44 AM
1. I'm grateful for new opportunities.
2. I'm grateful for the hour I got to see Arden last night.
3. I'm grateful that I'm relatively healthy.
4. I'm grateful that people seemed to like episode 2 of the show
5. I'm grateful for the new shows we have coming out.
Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:30 AM
1. I'm grateful that Jeff Ulrich takes the time to do these gratitude lists.
2. I'm grateful for pay checks being a bit larger than anticipated.
3. I'm grateful for moving to a bigger house in 4 days. (will have my own office space!)
4. Grateful that my kids are healthy.
5. Grateful for Hazelnut Creamer.
Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:33 AM
1. Comedy podcasts on a Monday morning. The double-dose of CBB and Walking The Room = happiness.
2. The Internet
3. My mother-in law, who made dealing with my kids' illnesses and interrupted camps this summer so much easier.
4. Vietnamese food (A big bowl of Bun with charcoal grilled pork and egg rolls, in particular)
5. Netflix Instant
Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:59 AM
1. I'm grateful I had the balls to NOT work the entire weekend.
2. I'm grateful I survived the weekend without working, proving I can do it again.
3. I'm grateful for our babysitter Edina.
4. I'm grateful for Breaking Bad, yet again (no one said you can't list the same thing more than once!)
5. I'm grateful my daughter is always in a good mood (except when it's 100 degrees without AC).