🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 107 — A Tale of Two Richards

Ladies and gentlemen, we are honored to have legend Richard Simmons join us for the first ever musical episode of Sklarbro Country! Richard electrifies us with tales of early beginnings as a waiter, his appearances on Letterman, and how Sweatin’ to the Oldies became an overnight success. Randy & Jason also give Sir Richard Branson a call to chat about all things olympic and new innovations to his Virgin empire. Stop reading, sit up straight, tighten your obliques and just listen already!

Wow....just....wow.....

Just.....wow.

And what are you guys waiting for??? Get to that class already! The residents of Sklarbro Country will not tolerate laziness from our leaders!

• Like 1

GOD. DAMMIT.

I am 7 minutes in and I am crying laughing at my desk right now.

• Like 1

I hope Richard does random drop-ins during future shows. Just runs into the studio unannounced, sings a few bars of "Hooray for Hollywood", and goes on his way.

• Like 3

AWESOME episode , and I want to see photos of ALL four of you at Slimmons.

Check out all of the photos on the Sklarbro Country Facebook page! This was THE BEST day at Earwolf. :)

I love this episode! And I agree with Dan's comment above... how do we get more Richard Simmons on the show? I'm pretty sure a double guest episode of like Richard Simmons + Patton Oswalt would make the calming shores flood with awesomeness.

• Like 1

This was incredible, thanks a lot for this episode. The world honestly is a better place for having Richard Simmons in it. Besides being extremely entertaining, he's probably helped more people than we can even comprehend and obviously genuinely cares.

If he can come back, I'd love to hear more about his relationship with Howard Stern, if that's not verboten. I think it's an even more fascinating dynamic than the one with Letterman, because they were actually friends outside of the show. One of the greatest anecdotes I've ever heard is how he showed up at the Stern show in full biker gear, just stood around silently making people nervous because they didn't know it was Richard. Like it was his own piece of performance art.

Amazing show. I had an ear-to-ear grin pretty much the whole way through. POSITIVE ENERGY (TM Steven Brody Stevens) was practically oozing out of my speakers and straight into my body.

I never really cared for Richard until now. The guys did a masterful job of talking to him and really made me make an emotional connection. What's more, I liked Dan's semi-reverence for the man and the part of his own past he has played. Truly one of the best episodes of the show ever, and one of the best moments in podcasting history.

Great episode, but man, he's not kidding when he says he's super sensitive. It's incredibly tragic, though, that someone that has affected people the way he has lives such a solitary life. There's no argument that physically he's in great shape but mentally he seems to be battling a lot of demons and doesn't really have anyone to speak to. Power to Richard for being so open about his personal life and his stories.

• Like 2

Amazing Episode. I was hesitant to listen at first because I thought it might be a little awkward or something but I was wrong. It was awesome

Agreed - great episode. I too listen to podcasts while working out and this one made time fly. Love this pic:

IMG_1928.jpg

• Like 1

I too demand a picture of "Sklimmons in action" Great podcast, thanks guys.

Amazing episode. The Sklars should do a workout DVD with Simmons where they pick all the music and Simmons choreographs the workout routines. The brothers would be on-camera and workout out, of course.

oh man.. you had me at "his hair messed up the wi-fi," but you kept me at the genius of putting in the RZA's name into the wu-tang name generator.

btw, my name: Zexy Samurai

My Wu-name: Intellectual Conqueror. Seems a bit cumbersome for a sobriquet, but it's also pretty awesome, so I'll take it!

Best part: Dan Van Kirk trying to get involved by singing along with Richard on All Night Long - (8:45 in)

Fantastic

I literally teared up on this one.. ..i did again during the Biggs ep where i found out the Sklars took their dad to a World Series. ...damn im doing it again lol =,)