🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 108 — Pew Felt

You don’t have to search for the nearest two-story church to enjoy this week’s Sklarbro Country! Rory Scovel joins Randy & Jason to discuss his love of making pre-game soccer speeches, experimenting with his creepy German side, and the power of crowds. We also discover more of Rory’s past connection to sports during Quick Hits! Plus, a very gaunt Matthew McConaughey returns to the calming shores to share his experience of mentoring Ryan Lochte through his M.D.M. School of Acting.

Holy crap! Bad Veins! I don't know if it was my suggestion but I'm totally taking credit for it. Great episode as always.

I'm always happy to hear the crazy MMA stories. You gotta check out Mayhem's mugshot if you haven't seen it. Hilarious.

Rory's German character has me in tears! The idea of him putting out a comedy album with bonus discs as the German and the southern coach is a fantastic idea!

Good on you guys for your pronunciation of Worcester. Also, bought my boyfriend a nice shirt from Bonobos with yo' code, thanks very much, brothers Sklar!

Anyone catch the band / song from the first break? Trying to track it down, having trouble. Sounded like 'M. Greiner - Ciao Money'

Rory is perhaps the best kept secret in comedy. How this guy isn't racking in the kind of money CK is, is beyond me. I was pretty bummed to hear him say he went out for SNL and didn't get it. Could you imagine him on that?

I think my stand out moment this episode was when Randy (maybe) said, "What's next? Are magicians going to get into the Scrabble tournaments?" And Rory's response of, "Thank you. Thankkkk you." Had me laughing so hard I almost Mayhem Millered all over my car.

Sklars - the following is my general feedback as a listener since episode 1 (had followed you on Twitter before and Cheap Seats and Back on Topps before that).

The main show (country) has become just too much of 'inside the stand up's studio' for my tastes. It is just not that interesting week in and week out for those who just want to laugh and do not need to hear what every room in the US is like. Or the fact that bachelorette parties suck at clubs. Or how everyone writes their material. Or hear the words "largo" or "riff" every 7 minutes.

I find myself enjoying County more than Country for this reason. I have listened to every ep of both and usually all of them on the day they come out. But I am starting to find myself reaching for the FF button to get to quick hits.

This is not to say I do not want interviews or guests. I do. But try to avoid it just becoming all about stand up.

Just my $.02

Anyone catch the band / song from the first break? Trying to track it down, having trouble. Sounded like 'M. Greiner - Ciao Money'

Just used the Bonobos offer code to send my little brother a back-to-school gift. He's going to be the most stylish kid at college!

Sign in to follow this