🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 41 — Surf Lingo

Take a vacation in a nice hotel and enjoy this week’s improv4humans! Our guests Joe Wengert, Danielle Schneider, and Mike Still will keep you company as they join Matt Besser to create scenes about the funniest rabbi at a funeral, surfers explaining their lingo, Joe’s personal BBQ ritual, knock-off movie pitches, and seducing dogs. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon.

Aww, Matt and Danielle look pretty adorable in that picture.

And it's great how this show continues to evolve. The youtube stuff is a great addition.

Edit: OH! Also, if you're not watching Matt's Inside the Master Class series you are really really missing out. It's one of the funniest things I've seen in a damn long time.

• Like 1

That "foreign movie producers generate knock-off movie premises" scene was pretty spectacular.

This comment is writing itself! Next!!!

3 am EST...alarm(phone) set every Thurs morn. Ha! Matt, it is so funny how these guys are so subtle with their tie-ins. It's kind of endearing.

• Like 1

Post apocs for you:

THE ABSOLUTE AT LARGE by Karel Capek

THROUGH DARKEST AMERICA by Neal Barrett, Jr.

THE FEMALE MAN by Joanna Russ (in part)--though I certainly hope you've read this one...

likewise, I hope you've read DAVY by Edgar Pangborn.

Ms. Schneider enthusing over how small the nails were is the highlight so far!

I can't stop fantasizing about the main bee after listening to this!

Hi Matt, love the show. Not sure whether it was Joe or Mike that was puzzled by the "Obi-Wan Kenobi is waiting for me" sticker, but that's a line from the Cibo Matto song "Sci-Fi Wasabi":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMrAMAm6RxE

Still no idea what it means, except that Kenobi obviously rhymes with wasabi, and is sci-fi. Hope this helps clear up the mystery!

• Like 1

Post-Apocalyptic Novel Suggestion:

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde

This is a hard one to explain. It's not your standard Post-Apocalyptic novel. It's like a polite English comedy of manners, but everyone lives in this world where there's not electricity, everyone sees only in grey with splashes of other colors and there's a ranking system based off of what colors you see. And there are hints to The Event that caused this, but as this is the first book of a series(planned at least) it hasn't been explained just yet.

I know that it's wordy, but I needed to make sure people didn't mix it up with that other "Shades" book that's been making the news.

Matt..maybe an all female cast of char.? Danielle, lennon and maybe Jessica St. Claire?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this