🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 135 — Toilet Babies!

Our good friend Matt Belknap sits down to chat with us on this week’s Totally Laime! Matt describes to us how to play Candyland with kids, how he felt like an outcast taking the short bus to school as a child, and growing up in a haunted house. Plus, Andy & Elizabeth have their own stories about dealing with creeps. Enjoy!

As a father of an 11 month old and a 3 1/2 year old I feel your pain Matt! Great Ep guys!

I'm pretty sure the game talked about was "the choking game", where you'd have someone choke you a certain way to lose consciousness for a few seconds. We had a few talks at school about how dangerous it was.

My idiot friends and I used to play that game when we lived in Texas but we called it "indian power hits" for some reason. Everyone stopped after a kid had to go to the hospital because an artery in his throat got damaged and he was losing blood flow to his brain and randomly passing out.

I cleaned dorn bathrooms and took trash to the dumpster every morning to earn room and board in college. And every morning I would check the dumpster for babies before I threw the trash in there. Also, when I see a bag of trash on the side of the interstate, my first thought is that someone has thrown their baby away.

It seems as though those stories were hyped in the 90's when I was a kid and I guess I just thought that finding one would be inevitable. I also felt that if I found a discarded baby that the instinct, after saving it, would be then to raise it.

I've watched too much Law and Order SVU and I every time I have to look into a dumpster I think I'm going to find a dead body. Part of it is probably that I would feel like a hero for having found it, which is sad. But, alas, I haven't found even one yet! When Elizabeth talked about her toilet baby psychosis, I was surprised that I've never thought about that.

Sign in to follow this