🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 12 — Shortwave

Welcome to the very first episode of Shortwave with Grant-Lee Phillips! Gather round as Grant-Lee Phillips welcomes old and new friends each week to share their music. Aimee Mann joins us on our very first episode to discuss her experience contributing her music to the film Magnolia, her thoughts on music piracy, the inspiration behind her new album “Charmer,” and to perform some of her songs live.

Great new show! Grant-Lee is a great interviewer, and Aimee is a fantastic first guest. Looking forward to more Shortwave.

Cool show. It felt like a big departure from the usual Earwolf fare, more due to GLP's polished hosting style than the non-comedy subject matter. Good mix of talk and performances, like the short running time.

Aimee sounds great in "unplugged" mode. Interesting discussion about how the economics of the music biz actually effects the way the music sounds. Looking forward to more shows!

Really liked this, can't wait to hear more from Grant.

... GLP's polished hosting style ...

It actually took me half the show before I got used to how polished he is.

What an excellent addition to the Earwolf network. I am way into this content of making records and songcrafting. Thanks.

I really enjoyed this and am looking forward to new episodes.

I was surprised that GLP sounds so much like a professional, broadcast school-trained, interviewer.

It actually took me half the show before I got used to how polished he is.

Yeah, my initial (admittedly somewhat crazy) reaction was that I didn't like it, but thinking a bit more, I like it both for the change of pace factor and because it seems pretty clear that he's taking the show seriously and doing some real prep work.

Sign in to follow this